Bose Home Theater.....................

GetWithIt

I'm almost finished remodeling the "back" livingroom..............15' 1/2 X 22'.........and we are basically gonna use this room as the computer/movie watching/hang-out room. I really didn't want to have to drag the old 6 speaker home theater back out and hook it up, so I was looking into some of the Bose systems. I was curious about the Bose "Cinemate" system that has the two speakers and the acoustimass (?) sub........The room isn't huge, but would this system be big enough for it? Has anybody owned this particular system? Thanks for the input........... :cheers:

I run the Bose 3-2-1 system and really like it. I didnt want to run wires all over the house anymore and this was a good alternative. Although i was told at circuit city SONY makes a similar system for cheaper and according to the sales man sound quality is the same but i didnt hear it so i dunno.

i have the lifestyle 48 in my living room.... performance is pretty impressive for the fact that they are about 4 inches by 2 inches. but for $4k, you could build an equivilent/better system. i have polk in-wall speakers in my room (5.1) with a 12" polk sub, rx-v2800 reciever. it sounds much better, for about 2k less

btw as far as sound goes.... polk, focal, yamaha or denon (recievers), boston acoustics, are the best. you cant go wrong with anything by them. velodyne also makes a pretty good subwoofer

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

I have a 3-2-1 and a cinemate (not the same). Cinemate is on the TV, Playstation and i think it sound great. the 321 i use for music cause it stores all the cd inside on a hard drive. The sound quality is excellent and the effects are great too. If your going to spend more money then component systems are the way to go but to do it right, you'll be spending in the 1500-5000 range. bose is an excellent value for the price IMO.

I have a 3-2-1 and a cinemate (not the same). Cinemate is on the TV, Playstation and i think it sound great. the 321 i use for music cause it stores all the cd inside on a hard drive. The sound quality is excellent and the effects are great too. If your going to spend more money then component systems are the way to go but to do it right, you'll be spending in the 1500-5000 range. bose is an excellent value for the price IMO. (I believe the cheapest Denon THX reciever is $1100 plus speakers, cables..........................bose IS cheaper)

I do have the Bose Cinemate system. If you are looking for "shake the floor" base, then dont buy it. But it does have nice clear sound. The two front speakers do a nice job of simulating surround sound. Plus it is nice to not have to run a bunch of wires. For only $500 (retail) you cant go wrong since you are getting Bose sound. The only draw back is the soft base.

I agree, if you havent covered your walls yet, i say do inwall speakers. you wont see them, the performance is very exceptional for the price and way better than what Bose can offer you.

I sell bose and to be 100% honest, its 99% marketing. if you listen, its 15 year old technology that they are sellin you. dont get duped into spending that cash on something when for less than half you can get way better performance. I perfer Polk, DCM, SpeakerCraft for speakers, Denon, Onkyo, Harmon Kardon and Yamaha for recievers. if you do Polk speakers, do a Denon reciever. the Yamahas are a little brighter on the tweeters and you will hear it on the Polks.

if you need help let me know, been doin this for 13 plus years, and 17 plus years in the car side of sound.

good luck, and BTW, MAKE SURE you at least run 110volt and HDMI cable up to where you are putting the tv. if you not you will be kicking yourself later. or you can just run PVC pipe up there so you can pull what ever you want to later. future proof yourself.

I agree, if you havent covered your walls yet, i say do inwall speakers. you wont see them, the performance is very exceptional for the price and way better than what Bose can offer you.

I sell bose and to be 100% honest, its 99% marketing. if you listen, its 15 year old technology that they are sellin you. dont get duped into spending that cash on something when for less than half you can get way better performance. I perfer Polk, DCM, SpeakerCraft for speakers, Denon, Onkyo, Harmon Kardon and Yamaha for recievers. if you do Polk speakers, do a Denon reciever. the Yamahas are a little brighter on the tweeters and you will hear it on the Polks.

if you need help let me know, been doin this for 13 plus years, and 17 plus years in the car side of sound.

good luck, and BTW, MAKE SURE you at least run 110volt and HDMI cable up to where you are putting the tv. if you not you will be kicking yourself later. or you can just run PVC pipe up there so you can pull what ever you want to later. future proof yourself.

exactly exactly exactly.....

only 1 thing to add...i would shoot the idea of running a optical sound cable aswell as your HDMI. for the most part your optical will always be from you device to your reciever.. but just incase ( if you wanna run optical sound without having your surround on etc etc..) the pvc pipe is a very good/common idea