Bose Home Theater.....................

GetWithIt

I'm also a non believer of the Bose systems. I just added 1200 square feet to my home, the family room is 24' X 25' and I plan on doing a 7.1 surround system. I've done some homework and asked alot of questions. I made provisions for 4 Speakercraft directional speakers to be installed in my vaulted ceilings. I could have done the front speakers in the walls, but I'm partial to the big towers sitting on the floor. Maybe a manly thing, who knows. :jester: I haven't made any decisions on what towers I will go with, but I will be going with a Denon reciever and some type of power conditioner. I have a 5.1 system built around an older Denon in our other family room and I love the way it sounds. My opinion is that your system is better built around you. There may be some things you want that Bose doesn't offer. Todays recievers have many, many features that IMHO puts Bose to shame. Bose is like the quick fix for people who don't want to deal with having to do some research. There is nothing wrong with that at all. If there is a market, so be it!

There is one thing that I'm kicking my ass about and that is that I only ran one RG6 cable in the new family room. I should have ran at least two. People told me to do it and I didn't listen. Now it would be a major PITA because of my 12' high vaulted ceilings.

Anyways, I'm rambling now. Listen to what some of these guys are saying. Make provisions for HDMI cables, if you can install a telephone line in back of your TV, that would be good so when you decide to order movies and such you don't have to use the phone or computer. At least two RG6 cables and piece your system together. It may be a little more expensive, but it will sound ALOT better and you'll be able to expand later.

Thanks for all of the input guys........... :cheers: Unfortunately, the walls/ceiling are already up..taped/mudded...and painted. I had thought about running the wiring....putting in a main connection panel for the components on the wall by the tv...and putting the speakers in the ceiling when I originally started this project, but we were on a time crunch, and at the time funds weren't available for "extras".....I was just trying to avoid having a huge amount of wires to contend with....

Once again, thanks for all of the replies. I think I might look around on evilBay and piece together something with the information you guys have given........ :D

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

the fact that all the walls are up is totally fine... i install and design home theather systems as a side job. 99% of the jobs with in wall speakers and hanging TVs (all wires hidden) were done in completed rooms. so dont let that hold ya back

the fact that all the walls are up is totally fine... i install and design home theather systems as a side job. 99% of the jobs with in wall speakers and hanging TVs (all wires hidden) were done in completed rooms. so dont let that hold ya back

totally agree. just a little more time involved. with some thinking and some minor mods, you can still do inwalls/ceilings.

let us know what you decide!

i used to think bose was top notch but you can get much better sound by customizing your setup from the receiver to all channels, sub and even speaker wire.

CIMG5270.jpg

I use denon,sharp,and definitive technologies........

projectors FTW :thumbs:

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

i used to think bose was top notch but you can get much better sound by customizing your setup from the receiver to all channels, sub and even speaker wire.

projectors FTW :thumbs:

thanks

Start with some thing good and build your way to what you want! I did!

denon 5803 7.1,sharp zv12000 1080i f/view proj,wii,bptl2007,c2002,bpvx's,bp8's and supercubeI,pushing @ 3100cubic feet.all on 106 wide screen