Trucks with prochargers......

If you have a procharger on your truck I am interested in how much the kit was, what model number, and how much installation was (if not installed by you). I have quote in my had that is a little more than I expected from a local shop.

In the estimate there is some exhaust work, but excluding the exhaust work I am still looking at nearly $1700 for install. Plus they have tocustom tune my pcm another $500. These guys have done work for me in the past on previous trucks; they do a great job. I was wondering if the price is close to what others are paying for quality. I don't mind paying the price if I know it is not extremely overpriced.

thanks for any info.

In the estimate there is some exhaust work, but excluding the exhaust work I am still looking at nearly $1700 for install. Plus they have tocustom tune my pcm another $500. These guys have done work for me in the past on previous trucks; they do a great job. I was wondering if the price is close to what others are paying for quality. I don't mind paying the price if I know it is not extremely overpriced.

thanks for any info.

the tunning should be cheaper-a SSS tuner would be cheaper just cause they know/love these trucks. And seeing the elevated tuning cost I would expect the other cost to be high too.

I dont think too many of us went with a procharger either, so being the first might keep the cost up.

If you like the guys and they treat your cars right, and you have the money :D

do it and enjoy the drive :chevy:

Seems just a little high to me. Does that include installing bigger fuel injectors also? If the installers are experienced with the ATI system, then it may be worth it for piece of mind, given the difficulties people have encountered installing it themselves. I can only think of two that have the system, but they installed themselves. Tuning costs is a little higher than the going rate, but not too much.

Good Luck.

I did mine myself so I cant help you out on the cost to install it, but that seems kinda high. I think at the most they should be charging you 8 hours of labor for the install. so depending on what their labor rate is, that should be 500-700. There really isnt much work involved on the installation of it. $500 for the tuning isnt that bad if they actually take it to a track and really tune it.

I bought my kit used, but i paid like 3000 for my D1SC kit, and that included a set of 42lb injectors that were supposedly new. So i got a pretty good deal.

Archived