Look At This Pic

balta2006ss

Less of a hatred for me and more of a jealousy! I love bagged trucks and I would do mine in a heartbeat if I could...Damn AWD!!!

Then you'll love this thing... possible the best build up of a fullsize bagged truck I've ever seen, especially considering its an individual and not a shop. I drool over this thing a couple times a week... and even more sickening... he says its not "done" yet. :eek:

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/forum/topic...;topic_id=98912

IMG_2267.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll comment on it. That thing is igly and useless. It wouldn't make a good rock crawler, not likely near enough articulation. It wouldn't make a good mud runner, way too heavy for competition use and too big to be pulled out if you got it good and stuck out playing. Out in the sand it would be fine just so long as mild cruising were all you were trying to do. It's too heavy to race in the sand and if you were jumping it at all it would break something. It is also way too big to take on regular off road 2 tracks. Trucks like that are built with every strong part possible and still break almost every time out. Out in the sand it really isn't going to do something that a mostly stock truck couldn't do. It's a real expensive show piece. It looks to be built very well with alot of time and money, but it's hard to have alot of appreciation for a vehicle that's main purpose is to look at.

Out in the sand it would be fine just so long as mild cruising were all you were trying to do. It's too heavy to race in the sand and if you were jumping it at all it would break something. It is also way too big to take on regular off road 2 tracks. Trucks like that are built with every strong part possible and still break almost every time out. Out in the sand it really isn't going to do something that a mostly stock truck couldn't do.

You're right about crawling and mudding... but what you have to understand is that it comes more from the Cali inspired off road trucks. Being where you're at I wouldn't expect you to understand, but trucks MUCH less capable than this tear the dunes up at pismo almost every weekend. To say this would break mobbing dunes is just incorrect zip... sorry.

I've seen trucks with much less stoute setups than this take weekly beatings at Pismo and still drive home.

Of course its not gonna rock crawl, trail ride, or bog..... its simply too big for those activities. It wouldn't fit down half the trails, but thats not what it was designed for. It is primarily a show vehicle, but its also very capable in desert or beach sand offroading.

For sand duning we have Silver Lake Sand Dunes within an hour of where I live which makes sand dragging a huge thing in my area. Running smooth sand dunes in that truck would make for alot of fun, but when I referr to the breakage I'm referring to dune climbing and hitting rough bumps with speed. There are regularly trucks up there with setups similar to that with over $100k into them and most of them if they are used like you would use a normal truck playing in the dunes break most every time out. That's not saying it's not built right, but it's always a tie rod, u-joint, driveshaft, mount, trans, etc. Even the professional built Monster trucks always break something. I will still agree that it's very capable in desert or beach running, but so is a stock truck with the tires aired down. As a show truck I'm guessing he has no trouble getting attention. It's big and very cleanly done. It looks like the kind of truck you see in Truckin' magazine or Sport truck on occasion.

I like the truck. I like lifted trucks, I like lowered trucks. Its about the sport itself. If you're gonna be a car/truck guy, you gotta be openminded about things. No its not very practical, but Im guessing he wasnt going for practical, more like wow. He spent his money the way he wanted to, and he had something no one else had. Those guys that spend thousands bagging their rides to the extreme, lets face it, its not as practical as it used to be. The lifted guys cant understand why guys wanna lower 1 and the lowered guys cant understand why you wanna lift 1. To each their own I say and enjoy the sport.

haha the things people do when the are bored and have alot of extra cash...id drive it once because it would be fun...just look at those smiling faces but no way id do that do my truck! whoever was looking for a lifted SS pictures earlier this def. qualifies for that!