Brake Suggestions

wishminewasanss

Well as soon as my tax return comes in i will need new brakes, so i being looking around trying to find some good ones i want to keep my stock caliper and want to change out rotors, and pads. So far i found some PowerSlot Cryo-Treated rotors on TireRack for 115.00 each, for pads i would want Hawk but not sure. Any suggestions or better pricing and quality somewhere else would be appreciated. THANX! :D

I just did new factory rotors, Earl's stainless brake lines, and Hawk HPS pads. I'm very pleased with the results but be careful. Both the summitracing and even the Hawk website give the wrong part numbers for the HPS pads for our trucks.

Regards,

Dan

I just did new factory rotors, Earl's stainless brake lines, and Hawk HPS pads. I'm very pleased with the results but be careful. Both the summitracing and even the Hawk website give the wrong part numbers for the HPS pads for our trucks.

Regards,

Dan

I was thinkin about doing this too soon, so what are the right part numbers for our trucks?

Well as soon as my tax return comes in i will need new brakes, so i being looking around trying to find some good ones i want to keep my stock caliper and want to change out rotors, and pads. So far i found some PowerSlot Cryo-Treated rotors on TireRack for 115.00 each, for pads i would want Hawk but not sure. Any suggestions or better pricing and quality somewhere else would be appreciated. THANX! :D

Okay Guys, FYI, Tire Rack looks to be showing the incorrect part number for the Cryo treated Power Slot Rotors for '05+ RWD Silverados w/rear drum brakes. They are showing 8690PSL & PSR when the correct front rotors are an 8657CSL & CSR according to Power Slot's website. Check with Summit Racing for these rotors also, but be careful these cryo rotors are quite pricey, well over $100 in most cases(a waste of $$ in my opinion). You can get a set of regular Power Slot Rotors for around the same cost of OEM Delco rotors, around $100 each..........I have them (part # 8657PSL & PSR) and they are worth the money.

Hawk does not make a brake pad for 05+ RWD Silverados w/rear drum brakes, I have been down this road before. Power Slot recommends any quality name brand semi-metallic brake pad like Raybestos or Bendix if Hawk pads are not available. The brake pads for '05+ RWD Silverados will have a 1092 somewhere in the part number.

All '03-'05 Silverado part numbers (models with 4-wheel disc brakes) appear to be correct.

:chevy: