6 Disc Bose

ezclone

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mean to thread jack but it will give you a bump. Another member on this site has one for sale and i'm thinking about upgrading from my single disk boss to the 6 disk. Will this just plug in or will I need a adapter or anything? Also like the ezclone said will it retain the wheel controls? Thanks and i'm sorry ezclone....

Being the single disc player, you probably don't have the Boze amps, so you'd probably need those... I don't know if the single disc is a powered deck or if it's got external amps. Best guess though, it's a better oportunity to get the 6 disc, add a PAC-24, and some aftermarket amps/speakers.

I did this with my SS. I bought the 6 disk'r on ebay. It will plug right in to the existing wiring harness without a problem. It will not work "properly" until your get your PCM reprogrammed though. Until you do, the unit will only recognize one disk and some of the steering wheel functions will not work (seek & program).