Wheel Stud Size?

brobradh77

I'm looking into getting an electric impact wrench to help me at the track with my tire swap and looking at torque sticks to help me not over or under torque the lugs. The only torque specs i have found relatre to wheel stud size so can someone tell me hoe many ft- lbs. of torque are recommended for our wheels?

Thanks

Still be really fast to set electric impact to lowest "on" setting, snug 'em up, then finish off with torque wrench. Own a tire, muffler shop doing multiple sets of tires every day,,,,EVERY one of them is finished off with a torque wrench.

Guessing you're speaking of installing slicks or similar at drag race? Not NASCAR wheel change?

Best,

Bob

Still be really fast to set electric impact to lowest "on" setting, snug 'em up, then finish off with torque wrench. Own a tire, muffler shop doing multiple sets of tires every day,,,,EVERY one of them is finished off with a torque wrench.

Guessing you're speaking of installing slicks or similar at drag race? Not NASCAR wheel change?

Best,

Bob

Good point I just also figured it would be cheaper..How much for a good torque wrench?

That is pricey and doesnt go up to the 140 ft-lbs i would need.

Just realized that too...i must have a different one then cuz i just checked and mine goes to 220 ft lb's.....It was near the same price tho...snap-ons expensive..but they will last forever

Actually, SnapOn also need to go back for re-calibration occasionally(not covered under lifetime warranty). Been fairly impressed with imports from Home Depot. For lug nut use total accuracy isn't as important as repeatability from one lug to the next. Clicker is actually better than digital for wheel use, because all ya gotta do is listen for the click!

Bob