Subwoofer

AK04SS

Hey everyone, I installed the PAC-GM24 almost a year ago. I have an Infinity Kappa Perfect 10in sub and I noticed that it seems like my subwoofer is louder at lower volumes compared to higher volume. I remember reading awhile back about installing the PAC behind the stereo and not after the bose amp. does it really make a difference? I could've sworn my infinity hit a lot harder in my 2005 STi.

Should I move the PAC to behind the stereo? also, any tips on how to get the stereo out? I tried to take it out before, and with all the screws out and everything, the radio wouldn't budge, like the harness or something is too tight.

The bose amp cuts bass to protect the stock speakers. If you pull your signal after the amp you will be getting screwed by the bose amp. Before the amp and you shouldn't have a problem. I don't know how strong a signal the stock cd player puts out, but that could be why it seems less loud than your old system.

Plus subs in the trunk and hatch will always hit harder than in the extended cab of the truck.

Edited by Big O (see edit history)