The Tbss Goes Down Like A $2 Whore...

Dylan06SS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell did you get it that low? Hows the ride?

DJM A-Arms and strut mount relocator, Belltech 1" drop springs and just moved the autoride sensors for the airride in the back.

Feels a little bit floaty in the rear b/c the bags are at such a low PSI, front taps on bigger bumps, but nothing bad. I'm probably gonna just add the adjustable coilovers in the front so I can bring it up a 1/2" for clearance.

Only big concern is alignment. The front is cambered out a bit and I'm not sure I can get it all the way back into alignment w/ it this low so I might have to add the coilovers regaurdless to keep from killing my tires.

looks sick Dylan :thumbs: But now won't you probably scrape with all the car seats and groceries?? :jester:

Har-de-har-har. :jester:

Looks great Dylan! What drop did you use? Now you need some 22" TBSS wheels in there :cool:

Getting it this low makes it painfully obvious how badly I need 22's and a low profile tire.

DJM A-Arms and strut mount relocator, Belltech 1" drop springs and just moved the autoride sensors for the airride in the back.

Feels a little bit floaty in the rear b/c the bags are at such a low PSI, front taps on bigger bumps, but nothing bad. I'm probably gonna just add the adjustable coilovers in the front so I can bring it up a 1/2" for clearance.

Only big concern is alignment. The front is cambered out a bit and I'm not sure I can get it all the way back into alignment w/ it this low so I might have to add the coilovers regaurdless to keep from killing my tires.

Har-de-har-har. :jester:

Getting it this low makes it painfully obvious how badly I need 22's and a low profile tire.

wow, looks great man :thumbs: no matter how your lowered, when its that much, you will never get into (MAYYYBE somewhat close) factory specs. anything arround or less than -1.0 dg camber is about where you wanna be IMO, and even that will take skill lol.

but about the 22s.... i had em and i have two things to say. first, after i installed them strickly because everyone had stock TBSS's and i wanted to look different, i quickly found i liked the stock rims better. and since GM put that lovely bolt pattern on that truck, and i cant afford 3 piece wheels :banghead: choices are extremely limited. also, unless you go with a 3 piece, the offset wont allow any fender tucking, and youd have to go up about 2 inches. i think it looks great, and might i add its about 3k less that way anyways :jester::cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
wow, looks great man :thumbs: no matter how your lowered, when its that much, you will never get into (MAYYYBE somewhat close) factory specs. anything arround or less than -1.0 dg camber is about where you wanna be IMO, and even that will take skill lol.

but about the 22s.... i had em and i have two things to say. first, after i installed them strickly because everyone had stock TBSS's and i wanted to look different, i quickly found i liked the stock rims better. and since GM put that lovely bolt pattern on that truck, and i cant afford 3 piece wheels :banghead: choices are extremely limited. also, unless you go with a 3 piece, the offset wont allow any fender tucking, and youd have to go up about 2 inches. i think it looks great, and might i add its about 3k less that way anyways :jester::cheers:

haha cant afford 3 piece wheels....sell your tricked out avalanche....or maybe your new crotch rocket....ahahah :jester::jester:

TB looks tight dylan!

thanx for the new background!!!That's sexy

I just cant stop coming on to this thread to look at the picture of your truck dude!! :thumbs:

In that case... heres a couple more for ya!! I pulled the belltechs out and sold them (adjustable coilovers are on their way!!) for now its got the DJM kit w/ stock springs... so the fronts up a little less than an inch from where it was with the belltechs, but it aligned to factory specs no problem so I have room to go back down when the coilovers get here... thinking another 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch should be perfect.

DJMdrop1.jpg

DJMdrop2.jpg

I believe there was a point right after I bought this thing I swore I wasn't gonna spend a ton of money on it... I'm gonna have over $1000 into suspension alone here soon... then theres the brakes, audio, tune, lighting, gauges.... aw shit its the Silverado all over again!! :jester:

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)