#@%$!

Keith, you had lock-up issues with your Yank as well? Did you happen to look at the dipstick for glitter (lock-up clutch material)? When my Yank let go, it packed the tranny filter so full of clutch material, it starved the tranny pump of oil causing no pressure and no shifts (along with burning up the pump and other items).

Keep us posted. Being broke is no fun :(

I never thought to look for that. I checked the fluid level a week ago but didn't notice anything. Then again, I wasn't looking either. My check engine light came on and it was throwing a transmission slip code (p0484 if I remember correctly, not sure). trans. tech drove it with a scanner and it was a lock up issue. the clutch wouldn't react at all. at normal city driving speeds (35-40) it would start revving. could feel it at 75-80 on the highway slightly too. was running high in the RPMs though. sounded like a$$.

• 2 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

I got the truck back on Monday afternoon. The TC clutch seized and debris clogged the Transmission pump. The pump starved the transmission and the inevitable happened. Fortunately, I have a stand up transmission tech and he didn't kill the wallet. It could have been alot worse.

With the savings, I FINALLY had an alarm installed yesterday.

Needless to say, the truck appears to be running very strong. I haven't had a chance to really run it yet due to the rain we had last night and today.

Very special thanks to Dave (usabodyguard) who came thru huge! Thanks D!!

Keith, glad everything worked out for you. That Dave guy is pretty ok isn't he?
yea.... he's alright. :rolleyes:
Thats great news Keith, I should have mine back tomorrow night. :happysad:
I can't wait to see those headers Dan!