If You Sold Your Ss For Another Sport Truck.....

jster171

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Jeep SRT8 also and would own one in a heart beat, except they Fubarred the whole TOWING thing again! tail pipes look sweet in the middle in the back, but they have come up with some pretty assinine methods to fix it, inculding one with turning the tips down and adding a hitch in front of them...ugly as hell. I buy a truck to tow as well. At least Ford intended the L to be able to tow. I think Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge misses the boat as far actually being able to USE your truck for what it was intended for. My opinion about the SRT10 Dodge truck is that why buy that when you can have a viper and be faster? I've never seen anyone using their SRT10 truck for anything other than going fast.

If I were to get rid of the TBSS for another manufactures "halo" brand... i'd probably go with a Jeep SRT8.

^^Not a sport truck,^^Prolly not a suscriber to "Sport Truck or Truckin Magizine",Maybe why You would drive a Jeep? :dunno: lol. "Its a jeep thing, I wouldn't understand."

I totally understand you guys thoughts. I'm one of those guys thats basically a simple "car guy". I dont have a favorite, so to speak. I like anything thats fast and looks good no matter what company or person built it. When I bought my C6, I looked at and test drove Mustangs, Vipers, Porshe, Nissan 300ZX etc. The vette was the best by far. The viper wasnt bad at all, but it lacked the brakes and handling that I was looking for back in 2005. I previously owned a 2004 Lightning that I had moded to 422RWHP (about $3300 worth of mods), it rode great and was a blast to drive. I now have an 04 SS and still have my C6 which I'd ONLY sell to get a C6 Z06. I'm not to impressed with the SS. I looked at the STS rear mount turbo and the radix kit. To much $$$ to sink in it for another 100 +/- 20 HP. Then I have a tranny that will probably have to be upgraded as well. So, its probably gonna have to go. I even considered going to a 2 door diesel, those things are making great numbers with only $1800 worth of mods, but, there HEAVY as a tank. I hope you guys see my point, I'm not bashing the SS, but in stock form, it lacks ALOT if you consider its carrying the legendary SS name. This thing should be damn near the fastest truck on the road, and its not. Not to mention my back windows are seeping wind nosie again and just 2 days ago the tachometer went haywire along with the steering wheel feeling and sounding very sloppy. So again, IF you HAD to buy another sport truck and there were no SS's to be found, what would you do, buy a Tundra?

1st: Why do so many People bag on the SSS, for having the SS badge? "It should be scsb 2wd" it should be this, or That? People always bag on the SS, that it dont live up to the SS badge?

Why not? Super Sport is all SS mean's? Not fastest thing on the planet.

When compared to a non SS truck, it has a sporty interior, sporty exterior, big wheels, and a high output engine! What's wrong with that? (and the AWD IS very Useful for as it can be used year round in any part off the country.)

2nd: We all had a choice off what to buy, didn't we? I new in 2003 I wanted this truck, I could off bought a Lightning, or a srt-10. But In 2006, I bought my 2003 SSS, In So Cal and Had it shipped to Alaska.

Myabe I dont own a SSS, rather the SSS own's me?

(Ive been told if you cant get rid off somthing, then you dont own it. It own's you) lol

~Danny

So again, IF you HAD to buy another sport truck and there were no SS's to be found, what would you do, buy a Tundra?

I would have kept my GTP. :driving:

On a side note, a Chevy saved my life when I was a kid...................therefor I will only drive GM vehicles, nothing else. :chevy:

If i was to sell my SSS for another "sport truck" I would probably go with a TBSS. I have actually thought about it quite a bit. sometimes i wonder why i have a truck because i very rarely hall anything in the bed and i always think about how it would be nice to have a TBSS and have the extra covered room. But the next truck i get will most likely be a 3500 Duramax Crew Cab. But that will also depend on where im living at that time. If im living in a larger warm climate city like vegas or Phoenix or Tuscon then i might just keep my SSS till it falls apart. But if im living in the backwoods of southern oregon where i use too then im going to want a truck i dont mind getting dirty. :D

1st: Why do so many People bag on the SSS, for having the SS badge? "It should be scsb 2wd" it should be this, or That? People always bag on the SS, that it dont live up to the SS badge?

90-93 short box reg cab 454 SS, didn't sell :happysad:

SRT10 towing-8,150 lbs http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/2006-dodge-ram-srt10-2.html

SILVSS towing-7,500 lbs

BTW- the dodge srt10 lost its title as "the worlds fastest production pickup"

if you've got money to spend, swing down to australia and pick one of these bad boys up. Modern day version of the "el camino"

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action...w?modelid=15002

Edited by D.J (see edit history)