Big Brake Kits?

silverss05

I'm pretty sure that I need to break down and buy new brakes since my stock brakes are starting to make noise. How much can I look to spend on a big brake package installed? Id rather not pay expensive dealer prices for brakes when I could get a big brake kit for about the same price or a little more. Thanks for the help.

well there are many brands to choose from, well the big brake kit is gonna be ALOT more than s stock brake job, over 3K just for the fronts! but also depends on how many pistons you want on the calipers too. one of my favorite kit is the STOPTECH brake kits

expect to pay alot. big brake kits are not cheap . for a big brake set like baer alumasports expect to pay like 2k for front and rear. or even bigger baer claw 6 pistons are almost 3k for front alone. the go higher from there.

If you want to upgrade the front brakes, are AWD, and are on a limited budget, Power Slot makes a Big Brake upgrade kit for the fronts. It includes the upgraded caliper brackets and 14" Power Slot Rotors.........the kit goes for around $400 for the front minus the pads. All you have to do is change the rear rotors to Power Slots (around $100 each), get some stainless lines and Hawk pads all around and you will be in good shape. Total cost for 1 big brake kit, 2 rear rotors, 2 sets of pads, and stainless lines should be between $800-900. :chevy:

Fireman31,

Did you do the 14" rotors in the front and the back? Do you like the set up?

Power Slot only offers that upgrade for the fronts.....I have the stock size 13" Power Slots on mine since I have rear drums........the 14" front upgrade kit will only fit AWD SSSs, I am RWD. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)