Stolen Trucks

Eddie

I just wanted to let everyone know if you live in Southern California (L.A. area) or are plan on visiting DON"T take your truck the Brea Mall. They are stealing Silverado out of there like crazy. They are gunning for the the SS model, too. Onstar didn't stop them either.

Thanks for the heads up for sure...I hope this isnt a warning frrom personal experience.

Unfortunely yes. It was found in South Gate with all the body parts that make it different from a regular silverado stripped. It had less 15k miles on it.

Unfortunely yes. It was found in South Gate with all the body parts that make it different from a regular silverado stripped. It had less 15k miles on it.

Sucks to hear man... I really know how you feel...i went through the same thing...hope insurance is taking good care of you

oh well there he is^^^^saytagf

damn dude that sucks another one of our SoCal mamber had his stolen awhile back, they found it again and some sh*tty litlle used car dealership and he bought his truck again. sorry to hear about ur loose. did u get something else tho??

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

Here's the complete story from the beginning to answer everyone questions. I bought my SS in May of 05. I had it for three months. At the time I was in the U.S.Marines and was deployed to Iraq (for the 2nd time.) After almost a year I came back and got out of the Marine. I move to Brea, Califorina and was there for a few weeks. I just got the truck washed, waxed, and filled it up. Then went to the mall (Sears) at 2 in the afternoon on a Saturday it was stolen and found that Monday missing several parts and covered in motor oil. My insurance company decided to get it fix even though that more then I payed on it. The insurance agent sucked. I thought USAA was a good insurance company but I guess not. And the body shop sucked even worse. Hi-tech collison and Auto Glass in Anaheim, CA. They took 9 months to put it back togather. And that's with fighting with the managers and thier corperate offices personal too. I have the truck now. It almost as good as it was when I had it stolen. I hear alot of road noise now. It sounds like a window is open all the time. I can't seem to track the problem down. But I had the body shop replace the carpet (wife spilled bleach on back floor.), and they put the wrong tonneau cover but it was better than the one I had on there before.

It almost as good as it was when I had it stolen. I hear alot of road noise now. It sounds like a window is open all the time. I can't seem to track the problem down.

On your passenger side rear wall just behind the rear seats is an air bag escape...So that if your air bags deploy and the cab is sealed the windows won't blow out...If the thin rubber like seal on them is punctured or missing it will make noise like all hell...You gotta remove the rear seats but it's a likely cause