Difference between '03 and '04

black03zr5

I still cant believe it myself, I think I got a pretty good deal though. I really dont know why they sold so cheap other than they had three on the lot and they wanted to get rid of one. They still have a red one if anybodys interested. Best deal I ever got. :lol:

I spoke with a dealer local to me and they mentioned that gm doesn't have any rebates left on the 03's.  Has any one else heard anything different?

I can get a better deal on a 04 right now with the rebates.

I find that difficult to believe. Why would they sell '04s cheaper than '03s? :confused:

Like I said the rebates are no longer available on the 03's according to this dealer.

With the rebates on the 04 from another dealer he has a better price... :crazy:

This has just been my findings.

:wtf: that doesn't make sense, normally they would damn near give last year's model away and make room for the 04's

In Canada all rebates stopped on february 2 2004 on 03s, not sure about USA. :confused:

the dealers get cash back from gm. although there is no "rebate", there is certainly dealer cash. i bought one last month. msrp was 40965. got it for 29000. i couldn't touch an 04 for that price. ralphie

:withstupid::flag:

Thanks for the replies. I should be hearing from my dealership sometime tomorrow. I talked to him today and the only problem is that he doesn't have an 03 but is willing to do as much as he can on an 04. The problem is he will have to do a dealer trade for an 04, which means he has to get it at invoice. So, the next step to take would be trying to get some loyalty bonuses and what not.

You may ask why I don't just go to another dealer that has an 03. The big reason being is that this guy takes care of me, and buying a car through him is easier than anything I have ever done. Everything goes smooth, no haggling, no lies, no checking with the manager etc. I ask what my trade in is, he says KBB private party, I ask how much below sticker, he says here's the invoice add $300. It all works pretty slick. If I have any problems I get a loner for as long as I need and can bring it back whenever I have time.

So in the end, if I can get a good deal through him, it will work out for the best.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I went in today to trade my 03 Black SS for an 03 Red SS same options. I just wanted to see if i could lower my payments. I have 3700 mi., and they said the payments would be 540 for 6 years. :eek: So needless to say, i told em to bite me cause the payment of 372.00 i have now is fine for me. JACKASSES. I only owe like 22500. After i figured it out, thats a total of like 39000 they want me to pay. OK buddy :wtf: Ill stick with the faster black one anyway. :thumbs:

Archived