Transmission Questions

Well I got a 2800 TCI street fighter stall convertor / Transgo HD2-C Shift Kit / Sonnax Servo Second Gear / Sonnax Servo 4th gear "SUPER HOLD" / FLT Aluminum and Steel Accumulator Pistons installed over the week . It is Shifting good and It seems to be good. BUT When I looked at the Tranns fluid It smell like it was burned up . It still pink and looks good ……Could be the convertor backing in ? The SSS 06’s we need G-6 tranns Fluid , maybe they put in G-3 and that could be the smell . :confused: I’m going to Flush the tanns fluid again to be safe side . The Tranns Did throw a Code up I think it was a P575 or something like that . Kevin (Kramdo) helped me out on that . Im Confused a lil what you guys think ?

Mark :cheers:

On my way Homew from Kevin's the temp was 160 on the Back roads on the Highways it went down to 110 ummmmmmmm :banghead:

That's where she should be for a night in the 20's with a stock cooler. :cheers:

So everyone knows, I scan'd Mark's truck and found P0757 which I expected to see due to his upgrades he installed (servo's, shift kit and stall). I cleared the code and reflashed his PCM with P0751 and P0757 deleted (no error reported) to prevent any further issues. I drove the truck and I confirm that there is a stall in there along with a shift kit (with one washer at stock line pressure). Shifts nice!

Mark, As I stated last night, I am concerned that the fluid smells burnt although it is still nice and pink and doesn't have any particles on the dip-stick. As a precaution, I suggest a fluid and filter swap. So people know, his temps went pretty high last night (correct me if I am wrong Mark, but was it 220+) of which I feel is high for this time of year and not beating on it.

Other's please chime in! :cheers:

Mark, As I stated last night, I am concerned that the fluid smells burnt although it is still nice and pink and doesn't have any particles on the dip-stick. As a precaution, I suggest a fluid and filter swap. So people know, his temps went pretty high last night (correct me if I am wrong Mark, but was it 220+) of which I feel is high for this time of year and not beating on it.

Other's please chime in! :cheers:

I agree that 220 should only be seen in summertime. The converter should raise the temps about 15-20 degrees or so around town, but the shift kit should actually lower them due to less slippage... especially if you're not beating on it.

Im going to Flush out the tranns fluid over the weekend and I order a cool from FLT .If I still run hot I will change out the converter over the summer or so

Mark I hope everything works out, if you wind up having to change the TC out you should really consider a PI Vigilante. Keep me posted brother! :chevy: