Procharger Owners

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into getting an intercooled ATI procharger kit for my truck, hopefully this summer. I plan on keeping it at stock boost. How's the reliability with these systems? Any other supporting mods i should get? I plan on getting some tranny work done soon. I already have some minor bolt ons. I also plan on getting some gauges too.

For those that have this system, have you guys been pretty happy with it? how is it with towing? and how does the truck drive when you aren't romping on it? does the system come with a tuner or anything or should I also budget in a PCM tune?

thanks!

I have been very happy with my procharger kit,I have towed a few times with it and haven't had any ill effects.It depends how you drive normally if you will notice it every day,if you are putting around it will seem like it is the same except with blower whine.If you get into the throttle a bit in your daily routine you will definately notice a difference. you should get a custom tune(zippy)and a higher stall converter for best results.you will have to change the oil in the lower every 6000 miles but it is very simple.I like this design because you dont use the engine oil and run all the contaminents through the blower.

3 years and no problems. The only drop I have seen is my 1/4 mile times. lol. Honestly no problems, get it on, get it tuned and enjoy. BTW: I have a kit for sale P1SC with intercooler. Let me know if your interested.

Thanks Wiz

i wish i could get it tuned up here, but there's no AWD dyno in alaska. would i be ok with a tune from zippy? or if i learned how to use HP tuners? do you guys have any videos of your trucks? i searched on youtube and couldnt find much.

i wish i could get it tuned up here, but there's no AWD dyno in alaska. would i be ok with a tune from zippy? or if i learned how to use HP tuners? do you guys have any videos of your trucks? i searched on youtube and couldnt find much.

I got my tune from zippy through the mail and I thought I would have to send it back and forth a few times to get it right but I was wrong,zippy got it spot on the first time.Probably because he's tuned quite a few procharger trucks.

I have over 20k miles on mine and have loved every minute of it. i say get one and enjoy it. the power while towing is amazing, your fuel mileage will actually go up at highway speeds, and the feeling when sitting at a light and some lil bastard in him moms car wants to race will bring a smile to your face.

do it up!

I have one and LOVE it! Like others have said, get an upgraded TC, a good tune, and you will also want to get some upgraded fuel injectors. Mine didn't come with any, I ended up getting the 42# ers.

Happy owner here, I have over 35K on my P-1SC. Had some problems to start with, unrelated to what procharger sells though. Necessity to get a custom tune, should go with bigger injectors as well. Not a daily driver anymore, but used on the weekends regularly and no problems. My truck sees some cold winters with snowmobiling in canada, and it has always started up no problem even in 15 below zero weather. Only thing I don't like is my boost tubes are rusting from the pounding they take from road debree and salt. A better powder coating or something would help this.

Have fun with it. :chevy:

• 2 weeks later...

Im installing my Procharger kit from RPMOUTLET.COM right now. The price was right ($4,200) for EVERYTHING to the house. I pinned my crank pulley and have found that Procharger and RPMOUTLET have never done a AWD SS before. I have to mod some stuff and it has been a bit of a pain, but it'll be worth it. Check out what RPMOUTLET offers, you will see you get all you need. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

o snap AK04SS u will be rollin real fast up here in anchorage :) im gona get my turbo or supercharger when i get down to arizona so ican get a tune for that weather :) yay!!! + there should be more shops down there that are cheaper than up here.... in AK

i've always wanted a centrifugal because its like the best of both worlds for fi. I've never really heard of anything bad about these kits, i say go for it bro! I plan on getting one in the future haha