Powder Coated Grille

drclaw5

heres a couple pics of the grille i bought off of EmergencyVP1 about a month ago. It is a stainless grille but i wanted it black so i took it to a guy close to me that does all his work from home. He told me he would do it for $40 and get it back to me in a few days. I was like take your time its too cold to put it on anyways lol. so about a week and a half later i hadnt heard from him so i called him. He said that he had about 10 hrs in it! i was shocked cause he hadnt called me or anything but he said he wouldnt charge me for all the extra work! He's a really cool guy! anyways the stainless doesnt like the powder coat to much i guess and didnt really want to stick in between the slats of the grille. sorry for the long post here are the pics. looks pretty good IMO

306913284.jpg

306913267.jpg

306913250.jpg

306913245.jpg

Also this is a bolt over grille. i wish it was a cutout but i think it looks ok. need to get the bottom grille from somewhere

can i take the stock one out to paint it? or do i have to paint it while it is still in the grille shell? reason i ask is i couldnt figure out how to get the stock one out without cutting it