Vibration While Braking, Yes I Tried Searching.......

I KNOW this has been discussed but I have a vibration issue. When I'm braking, at times I get this vibration. It seems to happen mostly when I'm slowing down at hi way speeds to make a turn. It feels like it is coming from the driveline but I'm not sure.

BTW, 2005 VHO, No drop, I'm at stock height. Stock size 20's tires and wheels, front end aligned recently.

Anyhow, if memory serves me correctly there is a TSB or something concerning this issue. Like I said, I know its been discussed here before.

My dealer will take care of the problem as long as I point it out to them, yes they are kind of lazy but they do take care of me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys! I'll take it to the dealer, have them replace the stock rotor and then in 2 weeks install my Baer System. The reason I'll have them replace the stock one is because in the future if I should sell my truck I'll want to take the Baer's off and put the stock ones back on.

Thanks again!

Thanks Guys! I'll take it to the dealer, have them replace the stock rotor and then in 2 weeks install my Baer System. The reason I'll have them replace the stock one is because in the future if I should sell my truck I'll want to take the Baer's off and put the stock ones back on.

Thanks again!

Could just be heat glazed and just need to be turned down.

The dealer probably won't give you a rotor. They'll probably turn the one you have. My truck is under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty and pads weren't covered or rotor machining. I'll be curious to see how your transaction goes.

Could just be heat glazed and just need to be turned down.

A glazed rotor will make a ton of noise and increase stopping effort, but shouldn't cause a high speed vibration when the brakes are applied. A warped or scored rotor is the culprit..........

The dealer probably won't give you a rotor. They'll probably turn the one you have. My truck is under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty and pads weren't covered or rotor machining. I'll be curious to see how your transaction goes.

:withstupid: rotors and pads are considered wear and tear items, unless there is an actual defect in the part(i.e. rotor rot) the warranty will probably not cover it.

If you do not drive your truck every day or leave it sitting for a week or two, rust is likely to build up on your rotors, OEM or low cost NAPA/CarQuest especially. Rust will cause a vibration or pulsation under hard braking. Drive down the road riding the brake and it should take care of it (if there is visible rust on the rotors).

If not, it is likely you have either a warped rotor or your pads are shot causing a pulse.

No free rotor replacement or fix under the 3/3600. I was told if it was under 12 months oe 12000 miles they would have done it for me. Oh well, I'll be putting on my Baer System within the next 2 weeks so its really no big deal.

Thanks for all the info guys!

I went to the dealer at 14k miles due to the heavy scoring in the rotors and morning squealing. They told me that there was nothing wrong with the brakes and if they started to shudder or vibrate, that I should bring it in for a fix. There is a TSB out for the rotor scoring, which explains that action will only be taken if the scoring is accompanied by braking vibration or extreme noise.

Edited by blackvert (see edit history)