Trans Issues with Radix

there is a maximum rpm for every trans, but like every engine redline doesn't exactly mean it'll cause damage just because you pass that. if you go and drive a stock colorado, you'll find it shifts at about 6200rpm with it's 4L60E in stock trim. this trans is light enough internally and with a 13 vane pump should be able to take 6500 without too much trouble. i've personally taken a couple to 6700 without problem so at this point i haven't found where it's failure rpm is.

I am keeping the factory trans settings for daily driving. Then I will have tow mode for the strip and fast driving.

Hopefully this will save my tranny.

I am wondering if it is possible to keep torq man on one side and remove it on the other side. Any tuners out there???

The two trans shift modes do allow for different TM settings. I have mine set up with about 25% of the stock TM in normal mode and about 10% of the stock TM in HaulAss mode. :D

I also have higher shift points in the performance mode. This allows me to drive around town in a more conservative fashion, but kick it into perf. mode for the track or the occasional run-in with a Lightning or HD (its been quite a while...).

The two trans shift modes do allow for different TM settings. I have mine set up with about 25% of the stock TM in normal mode and about 10% of the stock TM in HaulAss mode. :D

I also have higher shift points in the performance mode. This allows me to drive around town in a more conservative fashion, but kick it into perf. mode for the track or the occasional run-in with a Lightning or HD (its been quite a while...).

Ooo, I like the sounds of this....

Archived