Dealer Flashed My Pcm On Me

RockHead

its seems that the dealer flashed a newer operating system on marks truck. Instead of doing a "write entire" you should apply all of your changes to the new operating system being as it will have many updates and write that tune onto the truck, instead of using marks old operating system. It might have some good stuff on there.

Its also not uncomon for two similar trucks to have different operating systems. I know that rivierakid's, and silvyss have a different operating system from 12'srock, and all three are 06 SSS. maybe silverbirch truck just are weird.

Forgot to mention, but I took my truck to a GMC dealer for some service and they also reflashed my PCM. This is after I specifically told them that the truck was modded and that it would affect the perfermance if it was retuned. Service writter told me that it would not be retuned yet they still did it. after they reflashed it, they could not get the truck to run so they just drained the batter and told me that it was ok to pick up. after it was jump started it ran, terrible, so I drove off. It wasn't untill it started to overheat that I found out what was wrong. I have an 04 with 05 efans, so they look stock. Its a good thing I had EFILive at the time.

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

Forgot to mention, but I took my truck to a GMC dealer for some service and they also reflashed my PCM. This is after I specifically told them that the truck was modded and that it would affect the perfermance if it was retuned. Service writter told me that it would not be retuned yet they still did it.

This is exactly the type of thing that makes me, and many other people, not trust the dealer service dept.

It is standard operating procedure to upload the latest flash program on every vehicle in GM dealerships even if the vehicle is just in for an oil change. BUT at the GMC dealer I used to work at we only reflashed the PCM to correct problems. The shop supervisor did not want customers to come back complaining that their truck shifted different or that SOMETHING had changed after it was in for service.
:withstupid: They come out with updates all the time. We only do it if it's in for a drivability complaint. Why try to fix something that's not broken.