Is the Underdrive Pulley Worth Buying?

SS Adam

For you guys with Pulleys and E-fans. Are you having any problems with Voltage at idle? Assuming you went with the Alternator pulley.

yes i do have a drop in voltage with stereo and heat and seats on. if i rev it up around 200 rpm over idle it will jump back up. hope a custom tune will take care of it

I've got a set on the way. :D

Going with the -25% crank and +32% alt (to maintain normal charging). Keeping fingers crossed for none of the false knock zippy mentioned. :P

If I do break down and get a Radix some day, I can always get the extra small Radix pulley to offset the crank underdrive. (lets see... a 2.5" pulley would be about 25% overdrive for the radix... might need a custom pulley) :rolleyes:

For you guys with Pulleys and E-fans.    Are you having any problems with Voltage at idle?  Assuming you went with the Alternator pulley.

yes i do have a drop in voltage with stereo and heat and seats on. if i rev it up around 200 rpm over idle it will jump back up. hope a custom tune will take care of it

Bryan, from pcmforless adjusted my idle to be 50rpm's more than stock in case i went with the electric fans. I don't have the fans yet but when I do i will be ahead. I am not sure if it was 50 or 100 but my idle is up a little from stock. :thumbs:

Ok. I'm oficially confused. :confused:

Can we just put on a "crank pully" or is the "harmonic balancer pulley" the only one available? In looking at their web site, I only see part # ASP549984, which is for 99-02, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 engines, 25% Harmonic Dampner & 23% Alternator. Cost is a whopping $241.20! :eek: If you guys know something different, please let me know. I am very interested in the mod, but unsure about what to order and the HP gain for the price...

Thanks,

Ty (novanet)

Archived