Beat On Your Vehicles?

I have gone to a few LX MoPar meets, and it seems alot of the guys like performance, but don't REALLLLLY beat on their cars....

I've had a few guys ask me how fast I've gone in my Chickee's Magnum. :lol: I hit the speed limiter the second day we owned it. I had it over 100mph ON THE DRIVE HOME from the dealership.

lol

It's hittin the track this summer and seeing some right foot anger too....

A few guys pound their cars, but I notice alot of guys in newer performance vehicles don't really pound on their vehicles, they blurt the throttle once in awhile, but top end charges they don't even think about....

Who beats their cars, and who treats them a little more respectfully?

I'm guilty of driving ours like I stole it, no excuses!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends on how you define "Beat on" Anything can be deemed abuse. Some people would go as far as saying just driving a car/truck is abuse.. If they are collectors.

:lol:

I know what you mean, some guys don't drive collector cars at all out of fear, or drive for a few hours a month...

I drove my Demon in the rain/sleet/snow and it lived it's life for 9 years parked outside uncovered in my driveway. My buddies would all gasp but I didn't care, it was my CAR, I drove it the way I thought it should be driven....

LOL

Beat on to ME is hitting rev limiters, topping a car out on a deserted stretch of highway (and NOT through traffic!) - that kinda stuff...

i drive mine pretty conservatively, i used to have a 71 chevelle that i would mash the gas on all the time, so i got it out of my system. i have def. hit the governor on my truck many times though.

U mean to tell me you guy's don't use that kick down every other day at least? Maybe once a week? :dunno: The only thing I try not to do alot is launch my truck from a dig. My truck is still under warranty so Im still trying to break stuff! Don't get me wrong, there are day's Im not feeling it and I do sunday drive trying to conserve fuel. But by no means do I always **** foot!

Too be fair the truck has not been driven but twice a week lately and the Saabie has started taking some of the abuse!! She's seen 135mph quite often. Yup, Beat her like a Redheaded stepchild!! :devil:

I have yet to hit the 150 mark!!!!!

IMG_0469.jpg

Edited by nxtnlne (see edit history)

I have no reason to lie...I punch it to the floor at least once a day

:withstupid: Mine is a daily driver, and I didn't buy an SS to drive it like an old lady. I have been told that you should break a vehicle in exactly how you drive it.......I was nice to mine the first 100 miles, then the hammer hit the floor hahahaha! Hell yeah, drive it like you stole it! :smash::driving::chevy: