Supercharger feedback

I wanted to get some feedback from those of you who have added a supercharger. I was reading in the latest "Chevy High Performance" about a Radix supercharger install and I was wondering what those of you who are using forced induction have to say. Do you like your supercharger? Are you pleased with the performance you got from it? Would you choose a different product if you could do it over again? I just want some honest answers (the companies are all going to blow their own horn anyway).

Thanks!!

I love mine, its a side mounted Twin Screw from Kenne Bell. :thumbs: Kind of what ever you want, as far styles. Its a big debate on the different styles. I seem to think that twin screws are better. A lot of guys in here have the Radix, I wanted to be different. :flag:

I have a Radix, and it was worth every penny..... :thumbs:

Plenty of power and more to gain with other mild mod's...

The only Issue I'm having is with the transmission. I just got off the phone with dealer, and it seams that there is a bulletin out for our transmission. I'll get the bulletin and post over the weekend, but it looks like the exact problem I've been having. No response in 2, 3, 4 gear and clutch slipping.

Ive got a Radix and its great, easy to install only takes about 8 hours. Only problem is the superchips program its worthless. But you dont have to buy it you can just get a custom tune. The increase in power is increadable. Looks good to because it bolts to the motor instead of sitting off to the side.

Most of (ok... all of :) ) the guys here really like their superchargers. Many choose the Radix kit while other like the new Vortech and then there are some running a ProCharger. There really won't be a bad brand choice if your trying to decide between the 3 that I listed. It just depends on how much horsepower you would like to see and where in the RPM range you'd like that power.

Tom

First I would like to thank those of you who have replied so far, I truly value your feedback. "tbyrne", those 3 choices are what I am having trouble with. I like the looks of the Radix and the Vortech (is the result of "adams2003" common with the Vortech? I would like to get power where it's most useful in the powerband and as much as possible. Adams quater time sounds truly impressive and I would like to be able to post similar times when I am finished (I think it would be AWESOME to kill some Lightnings! For everyone who cares to respond, what kind of quaters are you running with the supercharger? What kind of power are you getting out of it? How much tuning is required to get the best performance possible? What other mods have you done (I saw there is a new composite intake manifold for the 6.0L that is supposed to add abt 20hp)? I would like to bounce ideas off you guys (since you have experience) and to see what works well together. Thank you for your time!!

:thumbs:

Archived