Got My Shift Kit Installed...

Just got my truck back from the shop, and had the shift kit, servos, and acc. pistons done... It feels very nice, had then do one washer and I like it so far. Now I just got to get the thing tuned so the shifts don't soften up again... Also i noticed alot more belt squeak when I hit my shift now, anyone else have that? Time for a different belt?

Edited by HAZMAT (see edit history)

Just got my truck back from the shop, and had the shift kit, servos, and acc. pistons done... It feels very nice, had then do one washer and I like it so far. Now I just got to get the thing tuned so the shifts don't soften up again... Also i noticed alot more belt squeak when I hit my shift now, anyone else have that? Time for a different belt?

Good deal, you are gonna love that shift kit. :thumbs: Mine had considerable belt squeal at WOT with the tranny mods, perfectly normal.....I went to a Goodyear Gatorback Belt and now its gone. Goodyear Part# 4060930. :chevy:

Sorry, but someone explain to me why you would get belt squeak from a shift kit. Thinking about doing the same.

It's because the improved shift makes the engine very abruptly change RPM, and the belt can no longer maintain it's grip on the crank pulley for that split-second; it's a nuisance, and can be corrected by getting a better spring tensioner and/or a new belt.

Mr. P.

It's because the improved shift makes the engine very abruptly change RPM, and the belt can no longer maintain it's grip on the crank pulley for that split-second; it's a nuisance, and can be corrected by getting a better spring tensioner and/or a new belt.

Mr. P.

Got it thanks. Good thing to know.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the shift kit you have a Transgo HD 2? an how much does it usually run? is our tranny a 4L60E?

Do you have to buy anything esle if your planning on S/c'ing? does 79.99 sound like to much?

sorry for all the ?'s but as you can see i'm a newb an my 03 has 38k is that still ok to mod for power

increases.

Is the shift kit you have a Transgo HD 2? an how much does it usually run? is our tranny a 4L60E?

Do you have to buy anything esle if your planning on S/c'ing? does 79.99 sound like to much?

sorry for all the ?'s but as you can see i'm a newb an my 03 has 38k is that still ok to mod for power

increases.

yes it is atrans go, cost between $90-$100, our trans is a 65E but is from the 60E family, parts are interchangable. miles are fine to still add some power as long as all the maintanace was well kept you in good hands

yes it is atrans go, cost between $90-$100, our trans is a 65E but is from the 60E family, parts are interchangable. miles are fine to still add some power as long as all the maintanace was well kept you in good hands

:confused: a thought we had the 60E???? oh well anyways it is the HD-2 and expect to spen about 100 at the most, i spend about $83 to my door...

-Rob