Magnacharger 2300

Anyone with a storker thinking about running this new set from Magnacharger. I've heard form a very reliable source that the new 4 rotor design is really effective at creating tons of HP. The 122 put out great numbers in all the tests they ran it through but if couldn't keep up with engines that were pushing more cubes. I called Eaton 2 weeks ago to see when the due date was for the 2300 to hit the street they said a month or so.

I'm a torn between that and the Kenne Bell 2.8 liter. Of course Bell and the boys are making it quite an easy decision with their lack of customer servise and people who know what the hell is going on around there.

I do know that the new ZR1 corvette has a Eaton 2300. Should be an interesting spring.

I'm also thinking about converting my truck over to E85. It has it's pros and cons but I think the 105 octane outweights pretty much everything else. The lack of stations that carry it will make it difficult but after the spring I don't think I will be doing road trips with my truck. Of course I say that now...

yeah but how many cubes will it support?

what style intake designs will magnacharger actually offer?

with the ls7,l92 and cathedral intake ports there will need to be 3 different intakes

but in all honesty if i were looking to do big cubes with a blower i would look into a centrfigal , the bottom end torque a big cube motor will make up for any lag off the line , not to mention its kind of a torque management for traction . unless youve got a 4 link and some big ass slicks big cubes with lots of air will be hard to hook, however i am speaking for trucks.

cars are a different story.

Chase, When I talked to the Eaton support person they made me believe that the intake ports would be pretty univeral meaning they would have applications to work on most LS based engines. Now I don't know if they are going to be released all at the same time or not.

As for running a roots style this is exactly what I am afriad of. My truck as it stands now make tons of power (torque esp) down low. Bolting a roots style on top of that might prove to much for most other parts on the truck...or I simply might not hook, even with AWD.

I know the twin screw develop lots of power and kick in a little after the roots does but before a centrifical. Of course this isn't always the case, depending on ones particual setup.

I want something different, something hardly anyone else has. Everyone has Magnacharger, chase is the man with the Vortech. I know others who have prochargers. Hardly anyone has Kenne Bell, and of the few people I have heard of running kenne bell they aren't running the 2.8 liter. Although Kenne Bell support and customer service seems to need alittle work to say the least.

As for the price the 2.8 start out at around 5600 and can go up to around 6200.

I'm getting ready to order the built 4L80e FROM FLT here very soon, but as for a FI setup I am still totally undecided.

Turbos are way to much of a pain in the ass for me (no offense 2004Denali). I love um but couldn't drive them...literally. I drive with hand controls, so staging at the line would be a problem. Orginally that was the way I was going to go, but after tallking to some of the people who have them they are not what I am looking for.

I know W2W is working on a guys Denali with a 408 who is waiting to install a Kenne Bell 2.6 liter. I'm just waitin for them to get it all bolted up and I am going to run up there and watch the dyno pulls and see what kind of power she makes.

Edited by W2W402 (see edit history)

im kind of eyeing new set ups right now , but i want to prove my current setup before i decide to pull it

but right now for the lsx standard block it still has oiling issues on anything bigger than a 4.00 stroke. now the warhawk has longer sleeves which helps with oiling the pistons adequetly . but i just cant pay 5k for the block alone , if i was to do that id go all out and build some gnar gnar motor. but im honestly going to look deeper. i think my next set up will be somewhere along th elines of kevin just alot more cubes.

FYI a 430 CI motor just made 949 BHP on 93 pump and 15psi. We saw 800+ft pounds at 2500 rpm.

good to see you over here brian, what style head ports were used?

which style will be first available?

any idea on a release date?

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

FYI a 430 CI motor just made 949 BHP on 93 pump and 15psi. We saw 800+ft pounds at 2500 rpm.

Nice! If only they were available sooner, I would have jumped all over the 2300 and built my motor for it.