Various Pictures

As some of you know I have been deployed on the 31st MEU since January. I am here on Camp Hansen in Okinawa, Japan. A few weeks after getting here I boarded the USS Essex and headed out to sea for a while. When we did get off the ship we were dropped off in the Philippines. We were in a remote area called Crow Valley. We spent the better part of two weeks there training with the Philippine Marines. It was a blast. Here are some pictues of my trip so far. Enjoy!

Adrian

Loading up the Hummers!

31stMEU002.jpg

Me and a friend with a AV-8B Harrier jet.

31stMEU014.jpg

Crow Valley (Where we stayed during our two weeks in the Philippines.)

31stMEU016.jpg

A picture of me and the mountains behind me.

31stMEU020.jpg

I caught a water buffalo.

31stMEU062.jpg

My water buffalo.

31stMEU069.jpg

Here are a few more pictures. On our way out of the field we stopped at Camp O'Donnell which is not too far from a town called Capas. In April of 1942 this camp was where the Japanese marched all of the American and Philippine military after they were captured at Bataan. The Bataan Death March ended in this little town where the Japanese had built this concentration camp. It had a historic feel to it. The Philippine people built these monuments to honor the Americans and the Philippine military that fought and died there. There was an old Philippine man there that was marched in that time. The stories he had to tell were amazing. Ok, on with the pictures.

One of the many monuments they built!

31stMEU098.jpg

31stMEU101.jpg

I couldnt' imagine the horror of being packed in here and hauled off to a concentration camp.

31stMEU095.jpg

31stMEU096.jpg

Inspirational!

31stMEU120.jpg

Troop Count on Bataan!

31stMEU125.jpg

The USS Essex

31stMEU131.jpg

31stMEU130.jpg

Nice pics..looks like you have a new pet to bring back with ya...lol

:withstupid: that would be funny if someone asked if you have a dog..."no, I have a water buffalo" :lol:

Awesome pics :thumbs: Stay safe over there and come home soon! :flag:

I'm sure no one will bust into the new house with a water buffalo manning the yard!!Great pics Adrian!! made me pause abit with the memorial pics and the train car. :(

oh yea, that's a cute lil boat you got there! what's she top out at? :D

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

I'm sure no one will bust into the new house with a water buffalo manning the yard!!Great pics Adrian!! made me pause abit with the memorial pics and the train car. :(

oh yea, that's a cute lil boat you got there! what's she top out at? :D

If someone were to bust into my house, I think that they would have something else to worry about other than a water buffalo. :M16: As for the boat, I have no idea what she tops out at. She makes it from point A to point B just fine!