Help Please!

04rcss

hey everyone

im not really into the whole suspension part of trucks. i know a llitle but not alot lol. i put on a set of 2 inch rear lowering shackles. i like the rearend and how it sits but i want to lower the front of my truck now. i have a reg cab cloner. i just got ss rims and am putting my tires on tomro. i got 275/55/r20 toyo proxes. i love the amount of sidewall on 275's. i dont liek the skinny sidewall tires.....too ricer for me! i was wondering if any one could tell me the difference between coil springs vs. control arms. like what is the overall difference. pros cons? and will the truck rub with a 2 inch drop or 1 inch drop? im going for a more raked look than anything. also any pics would be a big help to see it! thanks to anyone who can help.

What year is your truck? Does it have a torsion bar front end instead of springs?

For a factory like ride I would go with dropped spindles.

You should have no problems rubbing with a 2" drop.

my truck is an 04 it has springs not torsion bars :( .....kyles clone is the person i read about before along with tylers touch....they both are having issues with a 2 inch drop and stock tire sizes....im wondering if theres a difference between an ss verse a stoch ones fender wells or suspension system? but they are both 1500's so im confused.

What size are the stock tires for your truck? If they are the 235/75/16 then this could be why you are rubbing with a 2" drop!!! Your running a tire that is almost 2" wider than your stock tires & they are taller so they are messing up your speedometer you are actuall going 56.1mph when your speedometer says 60mph. If you want to runn ss rims without the rubbing & correct speedometer readings you will need a 245/50/20 tire.

Stock Tire - 235/75R16 - Rim width: 9.25 in

Tire 1 - 275/55R20 Rim width: 10.82 in

Stock Diameter: 16" -Stock Width Range: 6 - 8 in

Tire 1 - Diameter: 20" - Tire 1 - Width Range: 7.5 - 9.5 in

Overall stock Diameter: 29.87 in

Overall tire 1 Diameter: 31.90 in

Sidewall Stock Height: 6.93 in

Sidewall tire 1 Height: 5.95 in

Stock Radius: 14.93 in

Tire 1 Radius: 15.95 in

Stock Circumference: 93.83 in

Tire 1 Circumference: 100.2 in

Stock Revs per Mile: 696.3

Tire 1 Revs per Mile: 652.0

Stock Actual Speed: 60 mph

Tire 1 Speedometer1: 56.1 mph

Speedometer Difference: 6.794% too slow

Diameter Difference: 6.37%

Edited by yttaf (see edit history)

ooooh shit!! lol......wow i had no idea they were that much different ....can i adjust my speedometer somehow its too late the tires have been mounted and balanced cant go back.....any ideas??? thanks sooo much for the help!!!

can i use someone elses or do i have to buy my own seperate one??? my buddy has one hypertech maybe but he is using it on his truck is there anyway i can use his to progrma my truck and give it right back to him so he can use it???

can i use someone elses or do i have to buy my own seperate one??? my buddy has one hypertech maybe but he is using it on his truck is there anyway i can use his to progrma my truck and give it right back to him so he can use it???

programmers will adjust that BUT I know Hypertech only works for 1 truck at a time. So If you are wanting to do that you would have to get your own or IMO money better spent on a custom tune.

im not exactly sure how bad they will rub i just got them and its snowing tonight in mass...so i havent even put them on im waiting until i get thrue this storm......how much is a tune....??