Installing Baer 6s Extreme Kit This Weekend

Holty

I know there is a handful of people on here that are already running these brakes. Is there anything i need to watch out for during the install or is it a pretty straight forward bolt on setup? I already used the template to find out i need to use 1/4" wheel spacers. Any tips or tricks?

make sure the banjo (sp) bolt doesnt go too far in the caliper cuz it will hit the piston, use shorter bolts or more washer/bushings in necessary, check first though. if lowered with mcgoofy spindles you need to grind the spindle castins/part numbers off so the rotor doesnt grind on it. other than that i think it should go smooth. good luck and post pics :cheers:

it is a breeze... mine only took about an hour or so... just make sure you start the bleed with the back passenger caliper, then the drivers rear, then the passenger front, then the drivers front...

be sure to drive them around under NORMAL conditions (take it easy) for 400 miles or so... then follow the included brake in proceedures...

I love my set up~!

mine went on with no problems whatsoever, with the passenger side on chase truck, the banjo bolt went in to far and pushed in on the caliper causing the brake pad to drag. johnmalibuss had the same problem with his. Everything else goes just like art said.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, need some help. Ran into some problems installing the 6S setup. I think i might have gotten either the wrong rotors or the wrong caliper bracket. What happens is that once the rotor is sitting flush up againt the hub (like it should be), the caliper does not line up. Any ideas what is going on here?

IMG_0410Large.jpg

IMG_0411Large.jpg

IMG_0412Large.jpg

IMG_0413Large.jpg

IMG_0414Large.jpg

IMG_0415Large.jpg

IMG_0416Large.jpg

IMG_0417Large.jpg

How many crush washers did you use on the banjo bolt that botls the banjo adaptor to the caliper. if you only used two (one on both sides) the there is the possibility that your banjo bolt is too long and therefore pushing against one of the pistons which in turn causes the pad to be pushed out and will not allow the caliper to sit flush with the rotor/pad.

We ran into this problem with just one of chases calipers. the passenger side to be exact. to fix this problem use four crush washers on the banjo bolt.

How many crush washers did you use on the banjo bolt that botls the banjo adaptor to the caliper. if you only used two (one on both sides) the there is the possibility that your banjo bolt is too long and therefore pushing against one of the pistons which in turn causes the pad to be pushed out and will not allow the caliper to sit flush with the rotor/pad.

We ran into this problem with just one of chases calipers. the passenger side to be exact. to fix this problem use four crush washers on the banjo bolt.

Hey bro, thanks for the reply. I wish it were just that simple of a fix. If you look very closely at the last picture, you will see even if the pad/pistons could be compressed/pushed back away from the rotor further, the rotor would still actually come in contact with the caliper itself. Does that make any sense to you? Take a look and let me know what you think.

looks like you have the wrong brackets to me , they should sit further back toward the motor .

can you get me a shoot of the brackets where they mount to the spindle?

Chase, i'm not exactly sure i understand what your asking? Are the pictures of the bracket mounted to the spindle that i already posted not what you're looking for? Let me know, i can get any pic you need. thanks.

Edited by Holty (see edit history)

Chase, chpspecial, mr. p, or anybody else with this kit, can you tell me what part number you got for your systems? The rotors, calipers, and bracket part numbers? please!

sorry i dont have a part number, i actually pieced mine together .

im asking for a picture of the part of the bracket that mounts to the knuckle. i remember what it looks like if i saw it. it looks like your is a bit different maybe the kit you have is for the 05 and up spindles.