Lowered My Truck!

well guys after almost a year and a half later of my djm drop kit sitting in my garage i finally lowered it. and all i can say is damn!!!! i love it. my body hates me right now cuz im so sore but its all worth it lol. i have parts aching i never new could ache lol. i started at 9- and finished around 330-4. took a while but there was alot of stuff to do. i had help from my uncle but he wanted me to do alot of the work so i could say i did it myself and acomplsihed it. we ran into a couple problems with torching the old hangers out on the driver side. since the gas tank is right there. but a steady hand, peiceces of wood blocking the gas tank a huge ass fire extuinguisher(sp?) and me praying made it out all right...lol. the front driver side took about 1 1/2-2 hours. since it was the first one. the pass side took a whopping 30 mins. lol and the back well we wont go there...it drives awsome like a car now, no more body roll. the ony thing i have left is to put on the new shock in the rear. i know this post is worthless without pics, but i had to go to work right after, and its dark now. so pics will be up tomorow..i do have a question though, does anyone know what other size tires can fit on a stock ss rim?? is the 275 the width?? and if so i cant go smaller can i?? im lost when it comes to tires. but i know i will have some rubbing issues once i put the ss wheels back on....well thats it for

now..

If your stock tires are a 235/75/16 then run a 245/50/20 & everything will be perfect. The height & everything will even keep the speedometer correct & shouldn't have any rubbing issues.

if your stock tires are 245/75/16 then use a 255/50/20 tire

i think if you lower it only 2" you should be fine. i had mine lowered 2" in the back for a year and never had problems just now i bottom out with stock shocks. so i need to put the new ones on..

and onto the tire question, will those tires fit on a a stock ss wheel??? if im using a 275 and thats the witdth will a 255 or 245 fit on the rim?? wont it be too narrow?? im a little confused. but i will check out my stock tires and go look for those tires somewere.

edit- i was planning on using a 275/45/20 since i thought the 275 had to be the same, the 55 or 50 or 45 is side wall size right?? cuz like jac said i need a lower side wall tire but i dont want this thing to be like on lowpro's and hit a bump and bend my rim.

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

the 245 or 255 tires will fit a 8-9.5" wide wheel with no problems which is the range that an ss rim is for width. These will have plenty of sidewall, they just aren't as wide.

255 = width 50 = height 20= size of rim

Edited by yttaf (see edit history)

Same deal here, Ive had my drop kit sittning for like 2 months. I want to drop it already lol. Do we need new drop shocks for the rear, or can i re use the stock shocks whit no problem?

I'm running edelbrock shocks & they are the same length as stock & have yet to bottom out & I'm lowered 4" in the rear.

I'm running edelbrock shocks & they are the same length as stock & have yet to bottom out & I'm lowered 4" in the rear.

Alright, I think im just going to get some doeshtech (sp?) shocks in the rear. Im doing a 4" drop in the rear too, now i just need to get some time to install it, but most likely ill take it to b&c offroad and let them do everything to it :cool: .

mr. p my kit came with springs, and it gives a good ride with them. i still havent been able to hook up my camera to the comuter, but have the pics. also i put on them shocks today and cut my exhaust so you cant see the pipe. it actually sounds more throathier(if thats a word) so i might cut it back closer to get more sound....pics will bve up once i get the memory card reader.

here is some of the pics, i havent been able to get any with the cut off exhaust tip but o well. i also threw in the video of the underglow. my mom got it for me for x-mas so i had to put it in...and i really like it. rarely drive with on but when i pull in at a local meeting area ill put it on...lol enjoy

edit* now you guys can see the damage from my accident i had back in august and all those dent on my driver side were from me when i found out my dad got shot...beat the crap outa the truck at the scene

5upt29.jpg

2jakd3n.jpg

6r4ttw.jpg

9itooh.jpg

View My Video

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)