Zippy Tuning Gtg,chicago Area March 29!

Zippy will be spending the day at my place doing tunes for all who want them,anyone on this site can attest to the difference of a custom tune compared to the more expensive handhelds(which are way inferior IMO).His going rate for gen 3 engines (all 99-o7 classic) is $150,gen 4 (ls2 and nbs 07,08) are 250 due to needing more credits to tune.My place is on rt 80,45 min. west of chicago,in Ottawa,Il. 61350 if you want to mapquest it.PM me if you plan on attending so we can get you scheduled in and I can give you exact directions. Hopefully we can have a good turnout and get a bunch of the guys here together even if just for some beer and B.S.ing!

I think i need a zippy shift kit.. or a zippy tranny swap.. too bad you're not setup for that

today on the way to work, going about 55 on the highway.. i floored it, twice.. the RPMs went to 5500.. the MPH, stayed at 55..

i took my foot off the gas immediately, cuz i didnt want to damage anything.. this happened twice..

I think i need a zippy shift kit.. or a zippy tranny swap.. too bad you're not setup for that

today on the way to work, going about 55 on the highway.. i floored it, twice.. the RPMs went to 5500.. the MPH, stayed at 55..

i took my foot off the gas immediately, cuz i didnt want to damage anything.. this happened twice..

thats what happened to my stock trans when i cracked the acumulator piston

wish this could have been later in the year, my truck is in no condition for a tune right now. Once it warms up i need to go through change all the plugs again, check all the wires again, pull the trans and get it upgraded to a stage 5 this time, send the new converter out and have it restalled to 3400, maybe pull the heads and send them into TEA for a freshen up, and maybe a fast intake. So if Zippy gets to town later in spring let me know, otherwise a ride across the lake is in my future.

Any one thinking of a zippy tune....should get in on this. From stock pcm to zippy tune my truck went from 15.0 to 14.5 ET.

well.. on the way home.. started to slip big time going from first to second. and i cant go more than 1/8th throttle without slipping

i can drive it gingerly for a while.. and the fluids are fine..

Zippy.. can you help diagnose this if i go to brent's on the 29th?? maybe bring out your shift kit.. would we have the facilitites and time for such an install? does that kit have the parts in it that may solve this issue, cuz it sounds like this is a known issue for our trannys???

thats what happened to my stock trans when i cracked the acumulator piston

wish this could have been later in the year, my truck is in no condition for a tune right now. Once it warms up i need to go through change all the plugs again, check all the wires again, pull the trans and get it upgraded to a stage 5 this time, send the new converter out and have it restalled to 3400, maybe pull the heads and send them into TEA for a freshen up, and maybe a fast intake. So if Zippy gets to town later in spring let me know, otherwise a ride across the lake is in my future.

Any one thinking of a zippy tune....should get in on this. From stock pcm to zippy tune my truck went from 15.0 to 14.5 ET.

I will try to get him back some time in the spring/summer,I had a couple of guys lined up that are going on vacation the weekend of the 29th and are pissed because they have been wanting their zippy tune bad,so maybe if I can get enough people he will come again.

well.. on the way home.. started to slip big time going from first to second. and i cant go more than 1/8th throttle without slipping

i can drive it gingerly for a while.. and the fluids are fine..

Zippy.. can you help diagnose this if i go to brent's on the 29th?? maybe bring out your shift kit.. would we have the facilitites and time for such an install? does that kit have the parts in it that may solve this issue, cuz it sounds like this is a known issue for our trannys???

I don't think those parts are in the shift kit,is your truck under warranty?

zippy can work some magic or i highly recomend an FLT trans. With my stage 4 it has lasted 33,000 miles of HARD driving.

Have you ever weighed your truck? I have been defending your honor(not really)in another post and it was said your truck weighed 5000 to 5200 lbs.just asking for arguments sake. :D

Have you ever weighed your truck? I have been defending your honor(not really)in another post and it was said your truck weighed 5000 to 5200 lbs.just asking for arguments sake. :D

do you have a link to this post?

scaled at route 66 raceway, 5400 with me in it, under a 1/4 tank of gas. that was with out tailgate but everything else was there. My current best time was set with out the tailgate or spare tire at great lakes.

Brad

do you have a link to this post?

scaled at route 66 raceway, 5400 with me in it, under a 1/4 tank of gas. that was with out tailgate but everything else was there. My current best time was set with out the tailgate or spare tire at great lakes.

Brad

If you decide to go to rt. 66 this summer let me know,I have never been there and it is only about 40 minutes from my house,last time I checked they were only doing test and tune on tuesdays.I normally go to the track on the weekends.