Is Anyone Else's Engine "noisy" On Start Up And Acceller

I have 85K and the run m1 0/40 oil. When I start it up the valve train has so much chatter, but eventually quiets down. What really concerns me is that when I romp on it can really hear the valvetrain making noise. Is this safe? I'd hate to blow this thing up over something stupid. Am I the only one with this issue?

Piston slap is what it sounds like.

:withstupid: basically all chevys are known for that sooner or later... my camaro has it really bad.

IMO 5/30s for break in.. after 55k i changed to 20/50 royal purple..

:withstupid: basically all chevys are known for that sooner or later... my camaro has it really bad.

IMO 5/30s for break in.. after 55k i changed to 20/50 royal purple..

royal purple is great great stuff! for about 10 minutes of use. when it heats up it turns into water giving you no protection

its really made for

royal purple is great great stuff! for about 10 minutes of use. when it heats up it turns into water giving you no protection

its really made for

Your basically right, when it comes to the over the shelf SAE stuff from pep boys or whoever. Use the RP racing, whole diffrent animal. Its all I ever use.

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

It's made for what?

sorry about that i didn't finnish my sentance. RB is really made for making a pass or two on the track.

its no doubt it gives you a few extra hp when the stuff is fresh, but after it heats up it litarly turns into water. sometimes when sitting at a red light after you have been driving for a while, it will build up on the heads an burn after you take off causing smoke to come out of ur exhaust, it even can do this on start up.