Got Struck By Lightning

sonickoolten

so my roomate jsut bought a lightning and i just bought a SSS (which im proud of having everyday). Well we were going to go to the mall (if u been to anchorage we were going to dimond mall) and there was no traffic on the freeway so we got next to each other..... slowed down a lil and we punched it on the 3rd honk.. i stayed with him for 2 sec and then i heard that stupid supercharger and he pulled on me like crazy tried to keep up but i wasnt fast enough.... did this 2 mo times and he got me everytime.. l8r on afta the mall we decided to not take the freeway and we stoped at a red light... waited for green and when it turned green we both floored it and i thought i had him i had like 1 or 2 cars on him then that damn supacharga could be heard getting closer and closer and then he passed me..... I am all stock and he is stock 2 but that s/c makes a whole lot of diff.... even though i got beat it was fun.... we got home and had some :cheers: i would never trade my :chevy: for a ford... now all i need is some mods :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea but then all he has to do is a 50 dollar pully swap and get a tune and by by supercharged SS

You think a pullied lightning will run high 11's or low 12's with a $50 pulley and a tune....I dont even see them running in the mid 8's in the 1/8th with those mods....I walk modded Lightnings and Srt's all the time and I have a Radix, full exhaust, and some bolt ons.....Post a vid .... then we'll see :chevy::chevy:

You think a pullied lightning will run high 11's or low 12's with a $50 pulley and a tune....I dont even see them running in the mid 8's in the 1/8th with those mods....I walk modded Lightnings and Srt's all the time and I have a Radix, full exhaust, and some bolt ons.....Post a vid .... then we'll see :chevy::chevy:

Most radix blown SSs don't run high 11s- low 12s on street tires do they?

I think a pullied Lightning and a radix blown SSS would be high 12s low 13s maybe, but 11s?

:confused:

Most radix blown SSs don't run high 11s- low 12s on street tires do they?

I think a pullied Lightning and a radix blown SSS would be high 12s low 13s maybe, but 11s?

:confused:

Myself 12.44, Krambo 11.7x, Holty 12.1x,and multiple ecsb 6.0l Radix guys on pt.net in the high 11's, I can research some more

You are right though I would say low 13's high 12's would be more reasonable...

-point being....ALL of the modded L's and srt-10's that I have raced at the 1/8th mi track or on the street from a dig....have ALL seen my taillights and usually for one key reason....no traction

Check out the thread "S4 gets dusted" if you want to see my truck 480hp side mount S4

Being a Mopar guy I can understand you wanting me to validate my comment though :cheers:

:chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy:

Myself 12.44, Krambo 11.7x, Holty 12.1x,and multiple ecsb 6.0l Radix guys on pt.net in the high 11's, I can research some more

You are right though I would say low 13's high 12's would be more reasonable...

-point being....ALL of the modded L's and srt-10's that I have raced at the 1/8th mi track or on the street from a dig....have ALL seen my taillights and usually for one key reason....no traction

Check out the thread "S4 gets dusted" if you want to see my truck 480hp side mount S4

Being a Mopar guy I can understand you wanting me to validate my comment though :cheers:

:chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy:

Nothing at all to do with me being a "MoPar guy". I'm pretty sure I've owned and built alot more Chevys than you!

:cheers:

I think the 11 second radixs are alot rarer than the norm, IMO anyways. Same goes for the Lightning with just a pulley. High 12s for a truck is nothing to sneeze at IMO. The fact that guys can run quicker is astounding, but a high 12 second truck is nothing to look down one's nose at..?

Nothing at all to do with me being a "MoPar guy". I'm pretty sure I've owned and built alot more Chevys than you!

:cheers:

I think the 11 second radixs are alot rarer than the norm, IMO anyways. Same goes for the Lightning with just a pulley. High 12s for a truck is nothing to sneeze at IMO. The fact that guys can run quicker is astounding, but a high 12 second truck is nothing to look down one's nose at..?

:cheers::chevy::cheers::chevy::cheers::chevy::thumbs:

The Lightning in the video below has much more than a $50 tune, but 2001-2004 Lightnings should be able to run in the 13's out of the box with a decent driver. Watch the E.T. of the Lightning after the car's pass to see a quick one.

Edited by Show Time (see edit history)

L's are fast but they are single cab. The SS is heavier and can actually be used as a truck. I've used mine plenty plus I can run 13's all day long. If going fast was all I was worried about I would have a fast car. The thing that makes the ss special is that it can go fast but also be used as a truck. It's something special to have a 6000 lb truck moving that fast in the 1/4 and you can still tow and haul with it. I'd never trade my ss for a L or SRT-10. :chevy:

11 sec radix?... just wait for the l92 intakes to be finished at magnuson for the new TVS 2300 (16 PSI)... and I will show you 11 seconds all day long on a two wheel drive truck....

but that will include a forged 370, meth, N20, and LT's lol

oh man i cant wait for the tvs2300 as far as lightning and radix sss it power to weight takes alot more mods on a sss to see equal times but 11s is doable 2.8 pully, cam, stall tranny, meth 90mm tb