Been Here Awhile, But Never Introduced Myself

Hi! I'm Chris!

I don't have an SS, but I do share a common interest in the GENIII and newer GM vehicles :) (and I love the way the SS looks, if that counts for something!)

Anyway, I thought I'd post up some pics and a couple vids that I have....I'll be hanging out more and hopefully I'll be able to contribute a decent amount. :cheers:

Here's what she's got....

408ci, 9.4:1 SCR

Comp Cams 220/222-580/580-114, XE-R lobes, advanced 1 degree

Melling stock replacement oil pump

Rollmaster double-roller timing set

Wiseco 16cc dish pistons

Ackerly & Childs moly ring set

Callies Compstar rods

Callies Dragonslayer crank

WCCH 317 stage 2 heads

LS7 lifters, manley pushrods, stock rocker arms

PT76GTS custom front mount kit

Best of 11.63@119 at 15 psi, with a 1.81 60 foot.

Had it dyno'ed, and at about 11 psi I put down 575/640 to the rear wheels, through a 4L80E, transfer case, and 33" tires.

My roommate (kbracing96...not sure if he's on here, but he's on pt.net, gmfs, ls1truck) just built me some new hot side piping for the turbo. We just finished everything up a couple days ago. I'm hoping that the new kit is more efficient than the old one (it LOOKS like it should flow better, and I went form a 3" to a 3.5" downpipe), but I don't have any numbers to back it up yet.

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

Here's Rex at WCCH working on my engine

engine6.jpg

Plopping it back in the truck...

engine9.jpg

Couple of in-progress install pics

engine10.jpg

engine11.jpg

My glory shot...lol

engine12.jpg

...and some finished pics

engine13.jpg

engine14.jpg

Here's some pics of the new turbo piping

New manifold installed

IMG_1306.jpg

Cold side piping run from turbo to intercooler

IMG_1307.jpg

Top view

IMG_1308.jpg

Got rid of the two couplers that were on top of the engine...this was after cutting and test fitting. It's obviously not welded up yet

IMG_1309.jpg

Edited by thunder550 (see edit history)

Downpipe after he finished building it

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Downpipe installed

IMG_1395.jpg

Old crossover vs new crossover

IMG_1390.jpg

Wastegate location and piping

IMG_1398.jpg

Another view of the wastegate area

IMG_1399.jpg

Bolts up to a stock style cat-back

IMG_1412.jpg

Here's some videos....

This was wasn't my best run, but it was close

http://video.performancetrucks.net/recentv...a0d010de939.htm

Here's a squirrely 10psi 4wd launch...I'm sure some of you guys know what these are like

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=24...50055&hl=en

Here's me at the track....so you can put a face to the name, lol

IMG_1067.jpg

hey welcome to the site... i have seen you a lot over at PT boards...

Im a little curious... how is trevrt1- bill - running a cammed 5.3l with 8psi and a 50 shot and he is posting 550+hp and youre only a few ahead with a lot more motor/boost/etc...?

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Couple of reasons...Bill is running a 4L60E still, which doesn't sap as much power. He also has a lot smaller tires (not sure what size, but they aren't anywhere near the 33's that I have). Real world results have also shown that the cooling effect that N2O has with the Radix would make a 50 shot through the Radix equivalent to the gain you'd get with a 100 or larger shot on a N/A engine. I've heard too that a non load-bearing dyno like the Dynojet, which is what my numbers were on, doesn't always do so well with turbos because it doesn't load the engine up enough to make the power that it would on the street. If you look at my dyno chart, you can see where I hit full boost, and it wasn't until 4000 RPM. Who knows what the chart would have looked like if I made full boost at 2800 or 3000 like I do on the street. Might have changed the curves a lot. The proof is in the track times...he's running almost a 12.00 flat, and I'm in the 11.6x range, even with the larger tires and 4L80E. My track times were put down with 15psi though, so there's a further complication. I guess the answer to your question is I don't know, but there are a lot of possibilities.

Edited by thunder550 (see edit history)

oh damn... 11.6 is smokin fast... :thumbs:

and I hear ya about the dyno, i didnt even think about that....

Im in the middle of the 80e swap... i hope i dont hate it~!

Me too...I hated mine at first, but it works well with the 408 and a turbo :)

quick question. . . .is that GREEN coolant in your tank not DEXCOOL? :confused:

Yep :) I got tired of buying the expensive Dexcool crap so I flushed the cooling system and replaced with the cheap generic green stuff.

I seem to be draining and refilling the cooling system fairly often for one reason or another....radiator needs to come out, thermostat swap, water pump replaced, heater hoses extended, etc etc. Green works just fine as long as there's no Dexcool left in the system to mix with.