Transmission Slipping Not Sure Which Way To Go

Bah, it's not that much longer for AWD. Only took me 2.5 hours to get mine out this last time.

Yeah you get the hang of it after about the 4th time. :banghead: The AWD only takes and additional 30-minutes over the 2WD, and on a couple of bellhousing bolts it's easier than the 2WD IMO.

Mr. P.

Yeah you get the hang of it after about the 4th time. :banghead: The AWD only takes and additional 30-minutes over the 2WD, and on a couple of bellhousing bolts it's easier than the 2WD IMO.

Mr. P.

Hopefully I don't get to do it a 4th time! Including this time I've dropped it 3 times (first time was TBTC, second was rebuilt trans and 3000 Yank, now this time for Goodfella's and a 3600) and I don't want no more!!!!!! :banghead:

I wish Bonji lived closer so that I could help him out. That first time is a bitch! :help:

By the way, a little tip for you Bonji: Pull the trans cross member, then drop the front driveshaft from the diff (leave the transfer case side alone), drop the rear driveshaft, then pull the transfer case (six bolts into trans). Then you can almost sit up inside the area behind the trans and look towards the engine with a shop light to see all of the bellhousing bolts. Two 13mm nuts with deep 13mm (one for dipstick, one for vent tubes) and then a deep 15mm for all of the rest of the studs/bolts. If you have a flex 10" extension that will work well, or a regular flex joint may also work but I found it difficult. A couple of regular 10" straight extensions too to make it easy. Air tools are a big plus (as room is tight), as is a 15mm offset box end ratchet.

Oh, does anyone have pics to show Bonji the tranny line clips? That was kind of a pain the first time too.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

it cant just be an empty case.

No core charge/deposit is required if you agree to exchange your old transmission with us within 30 days, and that it has been inspected and determined to be rebuildable. If your core is determined NOT rebuilable a partcial core charge will be applied. All core returns must be of the same configuration as the transmission purchased.

it has to be a rebuildable tranny that is the same type as what i am buying.