New Dynatech Headers.....

Fireman31

Wow, I have been away for awhile. You have had these on for over a month now, which means you've already run at the track with them, right?

Are you still liking the way they sound? I like mine most of the time, but they really "boom" in the cab (resonate) when the truck is cold and I am driving at part throttle (normal driving). My wife hates it.

I bet it was nice having help. I put mine on all by myself. It took me nearly ten hours. I was freakin' exhausted (no pun intended :)).

I still haven't fixed my O2 extender correctly. Mine is held up off the cat with a bent piece of coat hanger still. I have the extender, but I need to crawl under and put it in. That one is a real PITA though with a 4WD because the front driveshaft occupies the only space your hand would fit. I am sure it was pretty easy on your 2WD. I may have to lower the driveshaft to get it in. The front driveshaft is also in the way when trying to tighten the collector bolts on the driver's side. You are lucky :)

Give us some track times Dan.

Congrats on the nice install,

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I have been away for awhile. You have had these on for over a month now, which means you've already run at the track with them, right?

Are you still liking the way they sound? I like mine most of the time, but they really "boom" in the cab (resonate) when the truck is cold and I am driving at part throttle (normal driving). My wife hates it.

I bet it was nice having help. I put mine on all by myself. It took me nearly ten hours. I was freakin' exhausted (no pun intended :)).

I still haven't fixed my O2 extender correctly. Mine is held up off the cat with a bent piece of coat hanger still. I have the extender, but I need to crawl under and put it in. That one is a real PITA though with a 4WD because the front driveshaft occupies the only space your hand would fit. I am sure it was pretty easy on your 2WD. I may have to lower the driveshaft to get it in. The front driveshaft is also in the way when trying to tighten the collector bolts on the driver's side. You are lucky :)

Give us some track times Dan.

Congrats on the nice install,

Mike

I love the way these sound with the GMPP kit Mike. There is a nice low rumble at idle, and its nice and loud at WOT, a total sleeper. Interior noise is almost the same as w/the old manifolds. The only real resonance that I have noticed is between 1500 and 2000 RPMs. The install took almost an entire weekend, we ran into a few issues explained in my original post. I still have to call Dynatech about the 02 extension, they sent the wrong one. I currently have the wire held off the cat with a zip-tie, but there is almost no slack which I dislike.

Yes I have been to the track, the best I could muster was a 14.21 @ 96.40, 2.08 60ft....and that was with moderate wheel spin and 1-2* of KR down low. I finally got my drag radials last week which should help, plus there is some fine tweaking of my tune to be done also. I hope to make it close to 13.9xx sometime soon, maybe even quicker.

:chevy:

I love the way these sound with the GMPP kit Mike. There is a nice low rumble at idle, and its nice and loud at WOT, a total sleeper. Interior noise is almost the same as w/the old manifolds. The only real resonance that I have noticed is between 1500 and 2000 RPMs. The install took almost an entire weekend, we ran into a few issues explained in my original post. I still have to call Dynatech about the 02 extension, they sent the wrong one. I currently have the wire held off the cat with a zip-tie, but there is almost no slack which I dislike.

Yes I have been to the track, the best I could muster was a 14.21 @ 96.40, 2.08 60ft....and that was with moderate wheel spin and 1-2* of KR down low. I finally got my drag radials last week which should help, plus there is some fine tweaking of my tune to be done also. I hope to make it close to 13.9xx sometime soon, maybe even quicker.

:chevy:

WOW, nice time Dan! Makes me wonder what I am running. I am not lucky enough to have a track close by. I know there is one in Boise, but that is 240 miles away.

When I first got my truck, I ran the quarter on a Mustang dyno. I ran a 15.4 stock, and a 15 flat with a mild tune and a drop in K&N in the stock airbox. That is at 4,400 ft elevation.

I have done quite a bit to it since then and put some miles on it, so it has loosened up a bit. I need to run it now and see where I am at.

Those drag radial will help you out in two ways; first, they will reduce your rotational inertia, and second, they lower your perceived gear ratio. I am running 4.10's, but I am also packing an extra 250 pounds of 4WD gear, so they probably balance each other out.

I have the exact same problem with my O2 sensor. It is stretched pretty tight. The wrong extender came with my kit, so I had to call Dynatech to get the correct one. The first one they sent was about three feet long, much more than I needed. I called again and got one that was about a foot long. That is more like it. I still need to put it on.

Sorry to ramble on. Congrats again on your install and great track time.

Mike