Ran A Single Cab Srt 10 Ram 6spd

00silverad0

So I had just gotten done emailing my tuner getting ready for him to write up my tune and was going to send him an ECU for a core charge. So I turn left off the main road down this long straight away 3 lane road and see a tan/ pewter SRT 10 Single Cab ram going in the same direction just ahead of me but were heading towards a light that is ALWAYS green but just so happened to turn red. So I pull up expecting to get my A$$ handed to me by this monster of a truck, talk to the guy real quick and he agrees to run on green. He said it was stock 6spd. So the light goes green and it sorta caught me off guard (didnt even get to stall up) and I took off and heard him spinning behind me. He was about a truck back through 1st gear into 2nd and I could just feel him creeping up on me. I looked at the spedo when he was passing me and I was at 70mph. We ran till about 85-90 and he had me by 2-3 trucks and I let off.

I was honestly suprised and very proud of the SS because I put the K&N back to stock due to MAF problem so my only mods were exh, sk, and vette servo. Too bad I didnt have my tune and K&N in, I know I still woulda lost but might have held him off longer. All in all I was pretty pleased, and the guy knew how to drive the 6spd so I know it wasnt driver error. Cant wait to get more mods!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate to break it to you bud, but that wasnt an srt-10. they only come in red, black, silver, some special editions white w/ blue stripes or the yellow fang which is all yellow.

if it was a manual and you know for sure it was... then it was a 4.7. if it was an automatic it was probably a hemi.

id say it was a hemi that someone added the srt-10 apperance package to if i had to guess. its very common. they even add the srt-10 badging.

i hate to break it to you bud, but that wasnt an srt-10. they only come in red, black, silver, some special editions white w/ blue stripes or the yellow fang which is all yellow.

if it was a manual and you know for sure it was... then it was a 4.7. if it was an automatic it was probably a hemi.

id say it was a hemi that someone added the srt-10 apperance package to if i had to guess. its very common. they even add the srt-10 badging.

he said pewter...silver is pewter...there is no way a Hemi would be an SS stock...

if he knew how to drive, you would have been toast from off the line. The tourge them trucks make is no joke,,,,some caltracs and QA1 shocks and the RC SRT 10 launches like a mad man

Thats whats great about a street race, it can all be determined by the drivers.

Ok Bud, I apologize for the color confusion, my mistake. I KNOW it was a manual trans as I heard him banging the gears so again, thats out of the question. Its a possibility that it was a SRT clone with the apperance package but I can guarantee you that a 4.7L would not outrun my SS. Also, I believe you said if it was a manual trans, it would have to be a 4.7 correct? Again, this was no 4.7L I have ran some HEMIS with boltons and have won in those races against a Hemi both Single Cab and QC so unless this guy was spraying which he def wasnt, I cant see it being anything but an SRT10

yea I missed that,,,, no color like you describe was made in a srt 10,,,,,,but I also dont believe that a hemi would pass you like that unless he had some juice

Yes I believe you are correct also, as I stated before, I have ran a couple hemis QC and SC and this was no HEMI. However, the driver did not get a good launch and it caused me to have a lead for longer than I should have.

Guys, I have no reason to fabricate this, as I said, I was expecting to lose which I did so it was no suprise. If I was making this up, I would have said I ran him from a dig and he never caught up to me.

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

ya know way a hemi could fly by you like that unless there were some serious mods. sounded like a good race though!

there are 4.7s out there that run 14s on motor highly modded with cams/etc. what did the truck sound like a ricer or a muscle truck?

tan is not silver. tan whould be the champaign color that they come in and only available for non-srt -10 trucks. it was more then likely a 4.7 with nitrous. you cant tell a person is running nitrous just by the way it sounds you know. he didnt necessarily have to purge before he raced you. if it was the newer 2008 4.7L that are 310hp with 6 speeds and are faster then a RC 03-08 hemi it is very possilbe to pull on you being basically stock. the 09+ hemi's will have 380hp. just trying to help you guys get your facts straight. :cheers:

oh and for the record its very possible to beat a SS in a rc hemi. i raced a member from this site (wezarrSS&R1) three years ago when all i had for my truck was an intake and exhaust in my 2wd QC hemi that weighted 5400lbs. he won one race. i won one race. and we tied the last race going from 0-90ph or so. so i dont see why a rc hemi with intake exhaust and superchips wouldnt lay a SS in its dust. those three mods alone put rc hemi's in the 14.2 1/4 club.

Edited by HemiRamOn20s (see edit history)

there are 4.7s out there that run 14s on motor highly modded with cams/etc. what did the truck sound like a ricer or a muscle truck?

tan is not silver. tan whould be the champaign color that they come in and only available for non-srt -10 trucks. it was more then likely a 4.7 with nitrous. you cant tell a person is running nitrous just by the way it sounds you know. he didnt necessarily have to purge before he raced you. if it was the newer 2008 4.7L that are 310hp with 6 speeds and are faster then a RC 03-08 hemi it is very possilbe to pull on you being basically stock. the 09+ hemi's will have 380hp. just trying to help you guys get your facts straight. :cheers:

oh and for the record its very possible to beat a SS in a rc hemi. i raced a member from this site (wezarrSS&R1) three years ago when all i had for my truck was an intake and exhaust in my 2wd QC hemi that weighted 5400lbs. he won one race. i won one race. and we tied the last race going from 0-90ph or so. so i dont see why a rc hemi with intake exhaust and superchips wouldnt lay a SS in its dust. those three mods alone put rc hemi's in the 14.2 1/4 club.

Well, unless this 4.7 was totally stock engine with an SRT10 exhaust tip, full apperance package, rims, a 6spd transmission, ON THE BOTTLE and extremely quiet all at the same time again, it WAS NOT a 4.7. I am VERY aware of RC 4.7s that are capable of running 14's, hell, they could even run 13s maybe but like YOU stated, they are HIGHLY modded with cams, etc as you put it. Now, contrary to what you may think, I am not a 15 year old kid who got tossed a set of keys and knows nothing about vehicles and what they sound like, how they are built and the difference between an engine with an aftermarket cam and a stock cam as I have had 3 other vehicles which I have done my own cam swaps on and assisted in about 2 others. The truck sounded like a muscle truck and I'm pretty sure I could have heard the difference at the light idiling.

Next, just to clarify, can you post a picture of this 4.7 that you think I was matched up against? Find me a picture of this 08 with the 4.7 in the color you speak of and I will tell if that is it or not.

I would agree with you on the fact that a HEMI RC can take down an SSS. Being a single cab which is a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight less with almost the same C.I. and hp/tq #'s ummmmm it should be able to beat a truck that weighs the SS'S weight. Also , who said anything about a RC with those mods NOT laying an SS in its dust as you put it. If you were referring to my previous post, I never clarified what those mods were. Now that I need to clarify those, the mods were exhaust, intake, TB spacer but he had 24's....hmmm that might have made a difference huh?

Well, unless this 4.7 was totally stock engine with an SRT10 exhaust tip, full apperance package, rims, a 6spd transmission, ON THE BOTTLE and extremely quiet all at the same time again, it WAS NOT a 4.7. I am VERY aware of RC 4.7s that are capable of running 14's, hell, they could even run 13s maybe but like YOU stated, they are HIGHLY modded with cams, etc as you put it. Now, contrary to what you may think, I am not a 15 year old kid who got tossed a set of keys and knows nothing about vehicles and what they sound like, how they are built and the difference between an engine with an aftermarket cam and a stock cam as I have had 3 other vehicles which I have done my own cam swaps on and assisted in about 2 others. The truck sounded like a muscle truck and I'm pretty sure I could have heard the difference at the light idiling.

Next, just to clarify, can you post a picture of this 4.7 that you think I was matched up against? Find me a picture of this 08 with the 4.7 in the color you speak of and I will tell if that is it or not.

I would agree with you on the fact that a HEMI RC can take down an SSS. Being a single cab which is a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight less with almost the same C.I. and hp/tq #'s ummmmm it should be able to beat a truck that weighs the SS'S weight. Also , who said anything about a RC with those mods NOT laying an SS in its dust as you put it. If you were referring to my previous post, I never clarified what those mods were. Now that I need to clarify those, the mods were exhaust, intake, TB spacer but he had 24's....hmmm that might have made a difference huh?

im not going to try to find a picture. they are out there. and if you go to the dodge site you can build a 310hp 4.7 ram with a 6 speed manual in the khaki color. it could have easily been a hemi with an auto im sure you physically didnt see his stick shift. a rc hemi with little mods could easily pull on your truck. im just stating the facts. it wasnt an srt-10. a truck that runs mid 13s stock vs your 15s truck would have dusted you. it was a srt-10 clone. either a 4.7 or a hemi. but if the guy said it was a 6 speed then it was a 4.7. just my .03 not trying to start a bashing match. it was a nice run none the less. just trying to stop some confusion :cheers: