Wester's Programming Group Purchase!

tbyrne

We're going to be running a group purchase for the Wester's computer programming. 10 or more orders will be needed for a 20% savings. I'll be posting some more info for this in the next day or two. We just need to gear up for a heavy volume of programming orders :)

Tom

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is some info to look over -

Wester's Performance tunes are now available with these basic choices.

1) 85 octane high altitude tune

2) Dual 87-91 Octane tune (will automatically adjusts for octane)

3) Dual 89-93 Octane tune (will automatically adjusts for octane)

(These dual octane tunes are recommended for all dual purpose (work/play) trucks.

4) 91 Octane HOT tune (much more aggressive than the Dual octane tune)

(Recommended for performance trucks where higher than 91 octane fuel isn’t available, like California.)

5) 93 Octane HOT tune (much more aggressive than the Dual octane tune) (Recommended for performance trucks. No, or very limited, heavy towing or hauling!)

Custom tunes to your specific requirements and desires.

The new 87/91 and 89/93 dual fuel tunes will be able to run with 87 or 89 octane in MOST conditions with good performance, or with 89, 91 or 93 when even more performance is wanted. The dual octane tunes are capable of tuning for a higher octane. The factory tune will only advance the timing to the limits set in the original spark tables. Changing between 87 or 89 octane and 91 or 93 is automatic, the tuning will adjust itself for the octane you are using by referencing another spark table.

Under MOST conditions, all the tunes will run fine with the octane programmed for, but altitude, towing, load, condition of the engine, temperature, poor fuel quality, oxygenated fuels, or sensor variations may require choosing a higher octane. Just be aware that under certain conditions a higher octane fuel may be required, and that more performance and sometimes better fuel mileage is available just by using higher octane.

Standard with all performance tunes

Complete reflash of the PCM to your VIN, with all factory updates.

Dyno developed performance tune optimized for your exact engine and transmission combination.

Raised and optimized shift points

Firm, but not harsh shifts

Elimination of all torque management that can be safely removed

Some of the more common modifications to ask for.

Raising the top speed limiter to any speed you specify

Specifying the exact shift points you want in every gear

Firmer (or softer) shifts.

Specific tuning for your modifications, like larger than stock tires, gear ratio change, aftermarket MAF sensor, supercharger, headers, cam change, engine modifications, etc.

The Guarantee

30 day free trial, you don’t like it, we’ll either modify it, or send it back and owe nothing!

Lifetime warranty (no cost or fees)

Lifetime updates for all future mods ($45 shipping and handling fee)

Lifetime full price paid credit toward your next custom tune for your next vehicle ($45 shipping and handling fee

It looks like this one is going to go pretty good. We're a distributor for the Wester's programming and have set up the GP with them. This seems to be something rare for this programming. I don't think there will be another one in the near future. More info and pricing can be found in the group purchase section of our site. I'll post the "fine print" in the morning.

Tom

I installed a Wester's PCM in December. It woke everthing up! :jester:

There's about a 60 mile learning curve, it gives you , the box and truck some time to get to know each other....

Drop it in and daymn.... :eek:

Put a few miles on it and... Holy Sh%t!

A good thing that keeps getting better.

Lyndon and Eilean are the nicest people to deal with. I had a few minor changes, swapped the exhaust, intake and a lower 3-4 shift point. You mod something, he'll rewrite the program for you to compensate.

I received my update last night, gonna drop it in later this morning.

If you want to keep your stock PCM, find a used one out of a GM truck (has to be an '03) to send for the core, I paid $125.

IMHO, you can't go wrong with Westers. I've been happy :)

WW :sleep:

Link To Westers Garage

Here is some of the fine print to go along with the GP -

IMPORTANT INFO: Most products to fill each GP are ordered at the end of the GP. They usually take 1-2 weeks to ship from here, but some items could take longer based on the size of the group purchase and availability with the manufacturer. Depending on the product and our available stock, some orders will be shipped from here shortly after the GP comes to a close. Remember, you need to place your order if you are interested in taking part in a GP. Be sure to check the status of the GP that you are part of on it's closing date to see if is going through.

MORE IMPORTANT INFO: All credit cards are processed a few days before the GP closes to insure everything will go through without a problem and to lock in the order. Orders canceled after your GP order has been processed will be subject to a 10% processing fee. Orders for products that are non-stock items (not normally kept in stock) can not be canceled so be sure that you would like to be part of the GP before you place your order.

WHEN SHOULD YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER?: We find that alot of people wait for the required number of orders to be placed before they get in on the GP. If everyone does this the GP minimum is never met. If you would definitely like to join one of the group purchases that are listed it will be best to place your order as soon as possible. Your credit card won't be charged until just before the GP comes to a close (as long as there are enough orders) and the minimum will be met much sooner. This will allow you and the other participants to take advantage of the savings.

PCM cores - You will need to send your factory PCM into Wester's after you install the new computer. We will do a "core authorization" on your card to cover this computer until it is returned. The authorization won't be an actual charge, but it will hold the money for us in case the core isn't returned. The core amounts are -

Most computers up to 2002 - $175.

2003 - $350.

2004 - $450.

This authorization will be voided after your core is returned.

Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-4-TBYRNE.

Thanks,

Tom

So at first we are going to be charged the price of the tune(including the new pcm) plus the price of the pcm we havent returned(in my case additional 350)? so about $850 charged until my core is sent back?I'm confused.

Also if say I was going to add a intake and exhaust would the westers need to be retuned by lyndon or would it learn itself?what kind of mods require the pcm to be sent back and redone by lyndon?

Your just going to be charged for the price of the new tune that will be sent to you from Wester's. We will just take and authorization for the core charge so it won't be an actual charge to your account less you don't send your stock PCM back. GP price is -

westers3GM03-04 2003-'04 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 and 8.1 Wester's programming $475.99

You won't need to send the PCM back for the basic mods (induction and catback). A heads and cam upgrade is a major mod and fine tuning would be benefical for a long tube header upgrade but it's usually not needed.

We already have 2 orders in so only 8 more are required for this GP to go through.

Tom

I mainly asked him to change one of the shift points.

When I changed the exhaust I lost some umph on the low end. I was talking to Lyndon about it and he said he could compensate for it plus he had some new tweaks he could write into it.

Plugged it in today, it's stronger on the low end, downshifts quicker also.

Course it's pouring rain, limits playtime for now.

If you ever want him to update something he'll always send you the updated PCM first. You never have any down time.

WW :smash:

That is a very big benefit with the Wester's programming - no downtime! This is one complaint that I've heard alot of (and have experienced myself) with other custom programming.

We had about 7-8 orders in when I left tonight so this one is moving along pretty good.

Archived