Wester's Programming Group Purchase!

tbyrne

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The earlier the sheets come in the better it will be for us. This way we can have all of the info ready when the GP comes to a close. Preferences will depend on what you would like to see from this. Some people want all out performance so the 93 octane hot tune would be a good choice while others want a mix of good performance and a mileage increase (probably the most popular) so the program can be tailored for this.

I've talked to some customers that only have 91 octane so they usually go for the dual 87/91 tuning.

Let me know if you have any questions that I can help you with.

I've been keeping up with this thread and was wondering what kind of gains will be seen from the 91 octane "Hot tune?" I live in California and all we have is 91 at the pump. All I have is an exhaust system done and a Volant CAI. Also, what about the factory warranty? Will this void it and would they even know what I did WHEN I take it in for service?

Late- Alex

I have the 93 Wester's tune in my Sierra Denali. I have a friend at my dealers that I asked to check my computer with the Tec2 and check to see if I needed any updates. He found every update had already been done. (which Wester's does with every PCM before he loads his custom tune) I then told him about the Wester's tuning and asked him if he would look to see if he could find it. He did every test he could do and the Tec2 said it was all stock, no sign at all of anything out of the ordinary. That was good to know! I know some guys that have done the state emissions test with their Wester's installed and the truck passed easily. As for the warranty, this custom tuning won't have any effect because they will never see it is in there.

My 6.0 Sierra Denali went .8 faster in the quarter with the 93 Wester's tune, with no other mods.

When you order your Wester's tune, specify on the order sheet that you are in CA and want a 91 octane hot tune.

I think you only have till this friday, Feb 20th to get in this GB with Tbyrne, don't miss it!

AWDGM

IMPORTANT INFO: Most products to fill each GP are ordered at the end of the GP. They usually take 1-2 weeks to ship from here, but some items could take longer based on the size of the group purchase and availability with the manufacturer. Depending on the product and our available stock, some orders will be shipped from here shortly after the GP comes to a close. Remember, you need to place your order if you are interested in taking part in a GP. Be sure to check the status of the GP that you are part of on it's closing date to see if is going through.

:)

I talked to Lyndon at Wester's about some of the gains that they have been seeing. Some guys have been reporting horsepower gains in the 28-50hp range with the 6.0 motor. The numbers on the high side were from SS owners. One guy went from 15.2 - 14.1 with this programming, and removing the spare and bed liner. I remember a post about this last year but haven't been able to locate it. I think this was posted on a different board.

We're working on sorting out all of the orders for the group purchase. We have some that don't have a programming form sent in yet and there are others that sent in the form but no actual order. Just a reminder for the people that haven't completed the process :)

Thanks,

Tom

We're coming up on "last call". There are 3 days left to get in on this GP and we're looking at almost 50 orders so far. This one has been very popular!

Mike: I'll need your last name to check on this. You should be all set if you placed your order. There are 2 parts to doing this. One is placing your order on our website or by calling 1-877-4-TBYRNE (this is the actual order). The other is to fill out, sign and fax in the custom programming form.

Thanks,

Tom

Today is the last day to sign up for the Wester's Group Purchase!

I'd like to thank everyone that helped make this GP run smooth. Programming like this isn't as simple as ordering an exhaust. There is alot more info required and overall this has gone very smooth (knock on wood! :) ). The GP will probably run up over 70 orders by the time it comes to a close.

Thanks to all!

Tom

Archived