Ss Craps Out Burnt Light Bulbs Like A Factory

crawlinss

ive never had a vehicle give me so many problems with lights...maybe its the china garbage HID lookalike bulbs ive bought, but i used the same brand on 4 other vehicles with no problems. i used to run through drl bulbs like no other, but i switched those to amber and theyve been good for awhile. now i got 2 days out of my drivers side 9006 bulb....

ebay hid kit here i come!!!

I would just run silver stars, Ive had the same problem, but it's my rear right brake light.

.....same here. I've ran my silverstars for around 2 1/2 years with no problems. I've changed out brake-light bulbs twice within the last year..............................

I've never once changed any bulb in mine, still have the original factory ones all around.

yeah im factory all the way around too..no problems.

I dont get the whole "hid" trend thing.. i can see just fine, even with black outs on.

in fact, it pisses me off driving at night when someone drives by with that bright of lights, overkill in my opinion, and dangerous to on-coming drivers. If you cant see well enough were you rely on hids dont drive.

yeah im factory all the way around too..no problems.

I dont get the whole "hid" trend thing.. i can see just fine, even with black outs on.

in fact, it pisses me off driving at night when someone drives by with that bright of lights, overkill in my opinion, and dangerous to on-coming drivers. If you cant see well enough were you rely on hids dont drive.

Yeah, I got hid's because I can't see, there for I shouldn't drive :uhoh:

Yeah, I got hid's because I can't see, there for I shouldn't drive :uhoh:

lol :thumbs:

edit: btw just noticed ur from bissy, i grew up just north west of minot. been thinkin about moving back up. Dont miss the wind & cold tho.

another edit: ... ive also noticed on most of the standerd silverados and tahoes that one of the daytime running lights, or park lights whatever they are, are always burnt out. like seriously 8 out of 10 i see. its weird.

Edited by D.J (see edit history)

ive also noticed on most of the standerd silverados and tahoes that one of the daytime running lights, or park lights whatever they are, are always burnt out. like seriously 8 out of 10 i see. its weird.

:withstupid:

it always seem to be the right side. i found that Sylvania are the best so far.i replaced my high/lows, with the cool blues, and my DRL with the amber in Aug.03 and still good. if you look at most replacement bulbs they will say 12V, the cheep China and Mexico bulb's S**K.. if your charging system is putting out 14.5-15.0V then it might be over powering the bulb rating. Sylvania rate some of there bulbs up to 16V. so if you have a bulb that keeps blowing out, check the voltage at the bulb WITH the engine running at about 1000 rpm that should give you a good measurement on voltage to that socket..my habit is if one tail, or front goes out i replace them both...some of the cheepo bulbs may not be blowing out, what i have found is that the bulb will not fit the socket right, to small in diameter and it louses contact..

:seeya:

edit: btw just noticed ur from bissy, i grew up just north west of minot. been thinkin about moving back up. Dont miss the wind & cold tho.

another edit: ... ive also noticed on most of the standerd silverados and tahoes that one of the daytime running lights, or park lights whatever they are, are always burnt out. like seriously 8 out of 10 i see. its weird.

What town? is it by berthold?

I too see that all the time too, and it seem's te be the drivers side. And I also stiil have my factory bulbs.

Just a suggestion, have you checked to see if you are getting water in the assemblies when it rains or when you wash your truck? Do you have a fogging/condensation problem on the inside of your Head/tail light lenses? Excessive moisture could be the culprit. Usually some cool rain/wash water and a hot incandecent light bulb = POOF! Also check the wiring harnesses/wires for damaged insulation.....electricity can arc across wires if the insulation is damaged, especially when wet. Last, check for any harnesses/wires that are grounding to the body/chassis(i.e. damaged insulation).

:chevy: