Best Lowering Kit for My SS?

Black SS

I agree, spindles in front and shackles in the rear. A cheap way to lower the front is to loosen the torsion bar tension. You can get 2" from that but ride will be affected. For me it made my truck feel as though I had no front suspension travel left. That is why I am going to raise the front back up and use the spindles to lower it.

Thanks for your guys input probably go with spindles but just want to make sure that the tires won't rub. I'm also thinking of getting the 2" shakles for the rear because now it seems like the back is lower than the front so I figure a 2-2 kit would be perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
McGuaghy doesn't make a rear shackle though, or do they?  Ive been looking around for a mcguaphy rear shackle but i havn't found one yet.

they include them in their kit...i am going to do a 2"/2" drop though...their kit has only 2/4....or is it 2/3

I had heard that it was a 2/3 drop kit, but on there website i cant find the shackles anywere.

McGuaghy doesn't make a rear shackle though, or do they?  Ive been looking around for a mcguaphy rear shackle but i havn't found one yet.

they include them in their kit...i am going to do a 2"/2" drop though...their kit has only 2/4....or is it 2/3

I had heard that it was a 2/3 drop kit, but on there website i cant find the shackles anywere.

99+ trucks

try that link...look at the right hand side..you have to scroll down a bit...it is the 2/4 deluxe kit...so that would make it a 4" rear drop.?.

Their catalog is poor - the only thing worse is their part numbering scheme. I had to call to make sense of it because I wanted separate parts and not a kit. The best way to do it is just call and talk to Susan or Lee or.... I think most everyone there knows what's up. I mean, they design and make the stuff right there for crying out loud! :cool:

Archived