Any Guys (or Girls) Ever Try To Date Your Best Friend

TheGunny

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a chance and tell her how you feel. If she's really that good of a friend, she will either jump at the chance to take it to the next level, or on the other hand, she will be a friend enough to stick by you until you realize that she's not the one for you. You can't waste time by loving someone who may or may not love you back. Having these feelings and doing nothing about them is like having a lottery ticket and not checking the numbers... you could win big, or you could be out a buck, but you'll never know unless you check... and you can't win if you don't play!!!!

:withstupid: I agree, talk to her and tell her how you feel. You can't keep these feelings bottled up. If you do, you are setting yourself up for a big let down........

But, do you honestly have these feelings for her, or it is because she's the only girl in your life recieveing and giving you attention?

I agree with that.. but from past experience I liked a close friend of mine and told her how I felt and she just said she didn't feel the same way but still wanted to like hang out.. I said **** that though and didn't really hang out with her at all after that but that's because I think I'm pretty arrogant..

get her drunk and put it in her butt FTW

I tried this, it doesn't work!! You'll have to fight a 300+lb kid and his friends! There mistake but still drains your body.. I mean how are you going to go try again after being exhausted from fighting.... :jester: :jester: :jester:

Edited by ScottSS04 (see edit history)

I agree with what others have said so far, you have to tell her how you feel. Dude, trust me, if you never do it, you will live to regret it for the rest of your life. Trust me, I know this from personal experience.

i had the same exact situation... i will make a long storry short. she is no longer my best friend. i struggled with your situation for over a year. i finally told her, and it didnt work out so well. however, i feel it was best i said how i really felt and due to the way she handled it we are no longer good friends. she didnt deserve that kind of attention from those feelings, so i feel that what happened was best. and im kinda upset i didnt speak up sooner, i wouldve wasted less time. i now have a beautiful girlfriend, who she is incredibly jealous of :D NOW im enjoying the situation, its kind of entertaining :lol:

Have you ever had a serious girlfriend while you've been "best friends" with this girl? If so, how did she react? Was she jealous, or maybe said something about that not being the right girl for you? Maybe you could say something like you were thinking of dating some girl from school and get her opinion on it. Tell her that you wouldn't want to ruin the friendship that the two of you have, but you would be spending more of your free time with someone else. Hope that doesn't sound corny, just an idea maybe. :dunno:

this is how i am with my girlfriend now. i beleive that your girlfriend has to be your best friend for it to work.

total hi jack but today is my 5th anniversary with my awesome girlfriend brittney . and i know it may not seem long but for me being only 23 and her being 21. 5 years is a long time for horny youngsters like us to actually stay together without ever breaking up .

I would say go for it. IMO if she really is your "best friend" and you tell her and she is not into you she will still remain your "best friend" but If you do get together def. be prepared to not have her as a best friend if it goes south.

:withstupid: if she's into u lik ur into her awesome but if she doesnt feel the same way u do and she really is ur best friend she'll break it to u softly and stay ur friend so i say go for it man.... eitherway good luck.

-Rob

I was in this situation a long time ago. I hung out with this chick a lot and we became the best of friends. Of course a guy and girl can't spend that much time together without actual feelings creeping in. After a while I told her how I felt. She wanted to see where it could go, so we actually dated. Of couse it didn't work out, and we did split up. We grew up and went went our separate ways. I eventually met a lovely woman who is my best friend and she met someone too and married him. We still keep in touch, and I can honestly say that to this day, she is still one of my best friends.

If she is your true best friend, she will still be around after the sh*t goes south.

get her drunk and put it in her butt FTW

lmao gotta love those ho's

had a situation just like urs about a year ago and i pussed out and i regret that. i think you should go for it cuz if you dont and one day shell come up to you and be like i want you to met my bf and ull be like ahhh i shoulda asked her first. you should be say something to her about have you ever thought about dating one of ur really good friends?? and she how she feels about that subject...if she freaks then dont ask her if she is hint at something then open to her. chicks love it when their guy friends open to them.. anyways good luck with that!

did something similiar but we both decided that our friendship was worth more and that we just didn't want to lose each other. My advice is to ask yourself if you would prefer as a friend forever or risk (it's not a guarantee) losing her

ES :flag: