Ss 345hp. Vs Hemi345hp?

Les Hall

My buddy just got an 05 Ram,,it's got the Hemi,,Cold air intake,,,and magnaflow exhausts,,,,he's been Talking S**t saying the Hemi's gonna run as good or better in the 1/4 ,,saying they got same Hp and The SS has extra lbs.do to the extended cab,,,,I have the 06 2wd SS,,cold air intake,,and Hypertech programmer, pretty much bone stock. anyone tell me how it's gonna go???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually saw heads up road test about this in a magizine a few years back. The ss walked all over the hemi. Stock to stock but still gives an idea.
Is the hemi a quad cab or a regular cab? You should get a tune instead of that Hypertech you'll gain more power. That SS was AWD though and the SS barely beat the hemi, it didn't smoke it. Edited by huero626 (see edit history)

Is the hemi a quad cab or a regular cab? You should get a tune instead of that Hypertech you'll gain more power.That SS was AWD though and the SS barely beat the hemi, it didn't smoke it.

It's a regular cab,,yeah I been reading alot about tuning on here,,Don't know anyone around here that does it .

It's a regular cab,,yeah I been reading alot about tuning on here,,Don't know anyone around here that does it .

Just look on the forum and you find a couple of good tuners out there. I am going to buy the HP Tuners software and tune it myself. The hemi should give u a good run, if it was a quad cab you would take it like nothing.

Edited by huero626 (see edit history)

Do like I did,get a big chevy bowtie sticker and a dodge ramhead sticker,then tell him the loser has to put the other guys sticker in his back window for a month. He will shut up pretty damn quick.You should beat him,just don't toast the tires on the launch.And ditch that programmr and get zippy tune.

Out here where i live every one has hemis so thats usually my main race. You will have a good truck length on him for sure. Last one i raced said he had intake and exhaust and he beat the ss but lost to me. IMO there was no way in hell he raced a real ss. You shouldnt sweat it you'll take him.