Ss 345hp. Vs Hemi345hp?

Les Hall

Hey Les Ill come up there and show him how fast a SS is with a couple of mods if you would like. Just dont tell him about the 150 shot. lol :jester: Besides Ive been looking for an excuse for spraying my truck ever since i dumped my exaust and cut the cats off.
They were talking about stock for stock a Hemi vs SSS but if you want to see what a Hemi with mods can run there is a guy in OK that is running 12.0's N/A and shooting for 10's with nitrous.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Brad-370-NA_139870.htm

I think they are very close and since not all are built exactly the same sometimes the Hemi will win and other times the SSS will win.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were talking about stock for stock a Hemi vs SSS but if you want to see what a Hemi with mods can run there is a guy in OK that is running 12.0's N/A and shooting for 10's with nitrous.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Brad-370-NA_139870.htm

I think they are very close and since not all are built exactly the same sometimes the Hemi will win and other times the SSS will win.

i hate to say it, but thats a good looking dawge. i wonder what he's got done to that motor? it really blasts out of the hole and it sounds beastly.

the SS all the way. The Hemi gearing is all wrong for racing

The gearing's not much worse than a SSS. I think dodge should've made 4th the 1:1 gear, that would help alot. But both vehicles are 1:1 in 3rd, with the SSS having slightly better rear gearing 4.10 vs. 3.92. What size tires come on the SSS's, 275/55? The dodges come with 275/60-20's which are 33" tall. 275/55's are 32" tall. The gearing won't be enough of a difference to make or break the race between the two. No doubt the chevy's tranny are far more efficient..

i hate to say it, but thats a good looking dawge. i wonder what he's got done to that motor? it really blasts out of the hole and it sounds beastly.

It's a 370 CI stroker with I think a 3k rpm stall, 4.10 gears, etc.etc. And I think at that time he was running way too small of a cam. He had the same cam I have in my truck which is a 216/218 with .541/.544lift on a 113LSA.

Edited by 2006LS2TB (see edit history)

The gearing's not much worse than a SSS. I think dodge should've made 4th the 1:1 gear, that would help alot. But both vehicles are 1:1 in 3rd, with the SSS having slightly better rear gearing 4.10 vs. 3.92. What size tires come on the SSS's, 275/55? The dodges come with 275/60-20's which are 33" tall. 275/55's are 32" tall. The gearing won't be enough of a difference to make or break the race between the two. No doubt the chevy's tranny are far more efficient..

2wd SS's are 3.73

dont stock 2wd v-max's run high 14s stock?

my buddies stock rc 2wd hemi ran 14.90@89 bone stock.

fastest i have seen a stock SS run is 15.2 at the track but it was AWD.

I have put down a [email protected] completely stock. I think I could get it to go faster if I would of went when it was cooler out.

yep,,mine says it's a( 3.73 - locking diff. ),,I assume thats possi-track?,,,I know my 2wd always spins both tires.

Its is an Eaton G80 automatic locking rear diff, kind of like a sophisticated limited slip.

Hey Les Ill come up there and show him how fast a SS is with a couple of mods if you would like. Just dont tell him about the 150 shot. lol :jester: Besides Ive been looking for an excuse for spraying my truck ever since i dumped my exaust and cut the cats off.

works for me,,,maybe we'll swap the grill & hood back just for that day and he'll think it was my SS that just sucked the paint off his dawg :driving: ,,,,,I just wish we'd get a day off together to run em,,,,I know I'll get him off the line,,,even though mines 2wd,,it still fires outta the hole pretty hard compaired to his,,,he spins so much he has to let out to stop hitting the rev limmiter,,I just hope to be able to stay out front,,either way I'm gonna make it fair and run from about 30mph also. but know matter the outcome,,it's all good ,,,all about the fun!!!

Its is an Eaton G80 automatic locking rear diff, kind of like a sophisticated limited slip.

oh,,how does it work? does it lock both durring wheel spin? I know mine seems to always lay 2 black marks & grips way more outta the hole than my 99 1500 did.