Z0 6 Six Piston Brake Upgrade

detjoe

there is an alternative for the 15" rotor,please be paitent,info will come soon......

Ray

I can't help but to believe that the braking will be even better, using up the rest of the available pad. The pads are not very big to begin with and they feel good now with 14" rotors. So yes, I'll be eagerly waiting on the info for the 15” pieces. Thanks for the legwork!

Edited by Bear (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 quick questions. I am awaiting the rear rotors (I hope to have them Sat) but I have the Calipers, pads,bolts and washers do I need to do lines at the same time or can I leave the stock lines on.. Also do I have to do the fronts or can I leave them stock.. Would like to know cause I can't wait to install my new mod. it has been so long.... :ughdance: :ughdance:

2 quick questions. I am awaiting the rear rotors (I hope to have them Sat) but I have the Calipers, pads,bolts and washers do I need to do lines at the same time or can I leave the stock lines on.. Also do I have to do the fronts or can I leave them stock.. Would like to know cause I can't wait to install my new mod. it has been so long.... :ughdance: :ughdance:

I think you should wait.....and send me your brackets so I can get mine on. That is the only thing I don't have yet :fume::banghead:

ha ha JYD is taking forever to get them out, im pretty pissed he is telling us they will ship tommorrow then a week later, oh my bad i will ship them tommorrow ect. I would rather know the truth is that so hard.

P.S. For anyone looking for thr front calipers, check e-bay their a pair going for cheap.

Ok folks, listen up. Materials prices have gone up, and machine time has gone up so i hate to do it, but im going to have to raise the price on the brackets one last time. but first, im going to offer a group purchase for 10 people, at the current pricing. After these 10 orders, the prices will increase to:

$175 shipped for two front or rear.

$250 shipped for a full set.

im really sorry to have to do this, but in order to continue making these things, i have to make the prices realistic.

1. Aaron ([email protected]) Full Set, Paid.

2.gmperformanceguy([email protected]) fronts only.

this GP will run concurrent with one on GMfullsize, so as soon as i have 10 orders, between the two boards, the GP will end.

paypal is [email protected]

thanks!

I think you should wait.....and send me your brackets so I can get mine on. That is the only thing I don't have yet :fume::banghead:

Yeah sure come on down. HAHAHAHA NO!!!! LOL can't do, I have been having trouble with the rear calipers from time to time. Thank god my dad works fro NAPA.. Thats why I am trying to get the rears on. And i have a sweet color combo to paint them

SO does anyone have an answer about my questions.. Anyone :dunno: :dunno:

Edited by sick03ssbad70velle (see edit history)

Yeah sure come on down. HAHAHAHA NO!!!! LOL can't do, I have been having trouble with the rear calipers from time to time. Thank god my dad works fro NAPA.. Thats why I am trying to get the rears on. And i have a sweet color combo to paint them

SO does anyone have an answer about my questions.. Anyone :dunno: :dunno:

you can do it however i think i would wait . the rear would have more bite after the upgrade and proportioning would be off. stainless lines arent required but i would do them if the system was open and replacing all the copper crush washers.

GRRrrrrrrrrrrr!

LOL, sorry, I rubbed it in...

what's the cheapest anyone has put together the parts for the front brakes?

I paid $450 for my front calipers and pads, $240ish for my rotors, $99 for the front brackets, and $90 for the stainless lines. All I need is the banjo bolt and crush washers and I am good to go. I think I am right around $900 total for the front.

I am contemplating on wether its worth having someone paint my calipers black or keep them red.

hey guys, sorry i havent checked in over here in a while, and im also sorry to those guys that have to wait a good while for their parts, i believe im caught up on all but two or three orders, which will be shipping in the next week or two.

like ive said before, i am still making these on a per order basis. meaning, when i get a couple guys paid, i can start a new batch of parts. i know it takes longer this way, but im just one guy with a day job that gets very busy at times. each batch of parts takes a decent amount of investment to create. i just dont have the capital to make a couple hundred sets of these at a time, nor is there the demand for that many parts. im worried that if i spend a couple grand to make up a bunch of parts, that they will sit on the shelf for a year or more, and honestly, i just dont have the cash to put aside for that risk at the moment. Im sorry if any of you guys have felt mislead, but i assure you that im an honest guy, and i just get covered up with daily duties from time to time. thanks for your business, i do really appreciate it.