1967 Camaro

04CHASE

my friend is being forced to sell his camaro its an original ca car. no rust decent paint that is about 8 yrs old and has a few minor cracks but can use a new paint job but its ok for now. doesent have original motor/trans/rear no a/c no power steering no power brakes or clutch. all manual , 4 speed, decent 350 top end was rebuilt about 5k ago , bottom end needs new piston rings.

car will run good thouhg, run low 13's with no traction , 8.5 inch 10 bolt rear . no holes in floor, nice interior with minor blemishes

here is his myspace with vids of it running

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=129357003

anyone have an idea on its ball park?

every camaro is worth different.. just gotta find the right buyer. You'll want to have him do some search on the VIN number. camaro guys are pretty picky about interior options.. original motor, build plant etc, or atleast thats the way it was when ppl were looking to buy mine.

all I could get out of my 67 couple was $5,600.

12 point cage, 383 stroker, 12 bolt 4.10s, all new metal besides roof.. just to give you an idea.

I'd say anywhere between 5-8k. ebay/hemming would be his best option IMO

Edited by D.J (see edit history)

every camaro is worth different.. just gotta find the right buyer. You'll want to have him do some search on the VIN number. camaro guys are pretty picky about interior options.. original motor, build plant et

all I could get out of my 67 couple was $5,600.

12 point cage, 383 stroker, 12 bolt 4.10s, all new metal besides roof.. just to give you an idea.

yeah but how long ago was that and how long did you try to sell it?

im sorry but for any 67 in decent shape should go for well over 10k.

about 9 months ago. and your absolutely correct, you gotta remember im from south dakota, not exactly a hot market here. Thats why id suggest ebay/hemming, i didnt go that route and got screwed. Better off offering it nationaly.

btw friendly FYI.. Coupes arnt worth near as a half decent rs..ss.. ss/rs..z28.. expecially 67.. because they have drum brakes/single rear leafs/vent side windows..among many other little things that werent exactly hot options..

Edited by D.J (see edit history)

well im thinking of buying it if the price isnt to bad. but from looking what some go for on ebay id think this thing is going to be worth close to 20k he isnt asking that much but if i buy this the 02 is going.

I would buy something like that if I had the money... In a heartbeat...

My next project after my third gen and my dune buggy will be ground-up(ing) a 67-69 camaro... My plan is to build one brand new... Get everything from Year One and just go crazy, but that'll be in like, 10 years lol.

after seeing those pics, its a nice car should sell easy.. i wouldnt think it would go over 20.. but maybe close.

heres mine BEFORE the new paint went on... crazy how alike they are.

$5,600 :(

camaro2.jpg

well thats my plan , i just want to get one before the price gets even higher on these things. i plan to make it street able , run single digits in the 1/4 all motor. with some go juice to dip into the 8 possibly( thinking of a 600+ cube monster wanting 1000/1000 on 91 gas) , only thing will be hard to do is finding the right trans. but those are plans down the road.

I have been starting to look for a Pro-Street Camaro for the past few months now on eBay, Hemmings, Classic Car Trader, etc. I am more interested in Gen2's, but I would have to say that it would probably be worth anywhere from $12,500 to $17,500 on eBay. I don't see it being worth $20K on eBay from what I have seen. The Pro Street cars that are over $20K on eBay have pretty substantial work done to them and they look pretty close to perfect. I'm not trying to knock your buddies car at all, but from the pics it looks like it could use some exterior work. I think it would be a good project car and you could not get hurt if you offered him $10K for the car.

after seeing those pics, its a nice car should sell easy.. i wouldnt think it would go over 20.. but maybe close.

heres mine BEFORE the new paint went on... crazy how alike they are.

$5,600 :(

camaro2.jpg

:omg: Up here in the Seattle area, $5600 will just get you a bare primered shell with no running gear & a piece of garbage rearend just to roll it around.

Chase I think your friend could easly fetch mid to high teens $ for that car

well he is pretty stuck on 15k .

im might try and go with like 12k and wave the cash in his face and see what he says. but i might have to take it for 15k ill try and get more shots of it.