Gernaded The 4th Tranny

kelleyperformance

so im finally recovered enough to limp to my truck and drive it. i was so excited all day today, i added a few $k's of stuff, new system, alot of new interior stuff, etc etc. and since i hadnt driven it in over two weeks, i was really happy. the one good thing...... well, i was on my way to see my girlfriends father who just had open heart surgury and.... the 1-2 shift went KABOOOM. IMO its either the TC or the sunshell. however, the truck was forced off the road, then forced up a tow truck. so the entire tranny is done. not even 300 miles old. i will not be able to work on it for at least 3-4 more weeks. what a great way to ruin my first good day in a while. not to mention money is tough enough while your out of work with no pay and just spend ALOT on upgrades. :banghead: :banghead: :rant:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sucks man...I know brad wants his brakes bad so see while they do the trans if they can to the brakes too.

yea i know, im doing everything i can to get them to him. i already (sadly) had to pay someone today to remove them. he will most likely take them off tomorrow.

sounds like you need one of our transmissions lol

i had an FLT level V spec'd tranny. i used ALL the parts, and a 20+ year, prefectionist transmission tech assembled it. he has built several 65e's for some vettes i have built that make 600+ RWHP. and they all hold up perfect. however, ive rebuilt the current one twice, so i think something original failed. me and him think its a planatary gear, wont know till tomorrow.

sorry to hear that john... time for an 80e?

what are you running now? brand?

what do you mean... brand of what lol? im running 11s but i dont think thats what you mean :D

yea i know, im doing everything i can to get them to him. i already (sadly) had to pay someone today to remove them. he will most likely take them off tomorrow.

i had an FLT level V spec'd tranny. i used ALL the parts, and a 20+ year, prefectionist transmission tech assembled it. he has built several 65e's for some vettes i have built that make 600+ RWHP. and they all hold up perfect. however, ive rebuilt the current one twice, so i think something original failed. me and him think its a planatary gear, wont know till tomorrow.

what do you mean... brand of what lol? im running 11s but i dont think thats what you mean :D

can you post up your full time slip info? whats the DA at the track you run at?