Gernaded The 4th Tranny

kelleyperformance

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt you have a hardend cryo treated shaft?

actually that was the input shaft... i skimped out on the output shaft, figured since i never got traction i wouldnt need one :banghead: that was the ONLY part i dont have. eh its just my luck :wtf:

actually that was the input shaft... i skimped out on the output shaft, figured since i never got traction i wouldnt need one :banghead: that was the ONLY part i dont have. eh its just my luck :wtf:

yeah that really blows, you halfassed on the one part that failed your trans

yeah that really blows, you halfassed on the one part that failed your trans

tell me about it... at the time i was like, eh $550 bucks is a little much. and now i need an entire tranny, plus the performance stuff. so im looking at arround $3-4k :banghead:

A FLT Level 5 "Spec" trans is not the same as one built by Vince at FLT. A friend of mine went the same rout as you and built a FLT Level 5 "Spec" trans and when he destroyed it in his TBSS he sent it to FLT and the said not it was not even close to there level 5. I would call Vince and talk with him.

I'm Dozer's friend that just dealt with all this crap with my TBSS. When the output shaft went, it shattered into 5 solid pieces and took out everything in the transmission, leaving only the Beast Sunshell, Valvebody, and the Converter. It was built to "level 5 specs" but as I soon found out, you can have any performance transmission builder build off a list of parts from FLT's site, but there are a number of "secret squirrell" things the guys at FLT do that stay in-house and aren't talked about! First of all, I must know why on earth you would claim to have a billet input shaft and you skimped on the billet output shaft??? That is just asking for trouble, the output shaft takes the most beating as it is! I'm also going to guess that your build included billet 2nd and 4th servos and a shift kit, right? Us TBSS guys are finding that the billet 2nd and shift kit combined create a super harsh 1-2 shift and shatters the output shaft...even with little traction. Next, FLT has just released their billet input shaft and can build you the absolute baddest transmission you can buy! Trust me on this, you've already done this four times, just call Chuck @ FLT!

Edited by Evil SS 2006 (see edit history)

I'm Dozer's friend that just dealt with all this crap with my TBSS. When the output shaft went, it shattered into 5 solid pieces and took out everything in the transmission, leaving only the Beast Sunshell, Valvebody, and the Converter. It was built to "level 5 specs" but as I soon found out, you can have any performance transmission builder build off a list of parts from FLT's site, but there are a number of "secret squirrell" things the guys at FLT do that stay in-house and aren't talked about! First of all, I must know why on earth you would claim to have a billet input shaft and you skimped on the billet output shaft??? That is just asking for trouble, the output shaft takes the most beating as it is! I'm also going to guess that your build included billet 2nd and 4th servos and a shift kit, right? Us TBSS guys are finding that the billet 2nd and shift kit combined create a super harsh 1-2 shift and shatters the output shaft...even with little traction. Next, FLT has just released their billet input shaft and can build you the absolute baddest transmission you can buy! Trust me on this, you've already done this four times, just call Chuck @ FLT!

chuck is a friend, i buy parts from him quite often. and i know, i know, its half who builds it and half parts. i am a GM tech so i know these things and alot more lol. i expected an output shaft failure, just not of this magnatude. i have both billet servos, and i have a harsh 1-2. the reason i did the input shaft is because i broke my original one, and my output was fine. money has been kinda tight lately, so i figured id keep the stock output shaft for now.

my tranny failure was IDENTICAL to yours. and since i ruined everything including the case, im most likely going to just buy a new unit from GM and send it to vince. he and i have already talked, i will be shipping him the tranny monday. i have no doubt his will be stronger than mine, but my main reason for doing it is the warranty.

dont feal bad... my 03 z71 is on tranny number 6 and my 04 SS is on tranny number 2.....had the current one in each truck built in brimfeild ma. at c&r transmission...not quite the flt but for what i could afford they get the job done... another thing i learned was that running amsoil in my trans i dropped the temps by 20 degrees or so then a week or so after switchen the fluid i went all 1/2 in lines with dash 8 hardware and completley bypassed the factory cooler and radiator and went with the b&m 30K gvw coolers...new stock components flowed 2.4 gpm all my new shit flows 3.6 gpm and from the little i know about auto trans. i do know they dont like heat or poor flow... good luck on ur next trans.

chuck is a friend, i buy parts from him quite often. and i know, i know, its half who builds it and half parts. i am a GM tech so i know these things and alot more lol. i expected an output shaft failure, just not of this magnatude. i have both billet servos, and i have a harsh 1-2. the reason i did the input shaft is because i broke my original one, and my output was fine. money has been kinda tight lately, so i figured id keep the stock output shaft for now.

my tranny failure was IDENTICAL to yours. and since i ruined everything including the case, im most likely going to just buy a new unit from GM and send it to vince. he and i have already talked, i will be shipping him the tranny monday. i have no doubt his will be stronger than mine, but my main reason for doing it is the warranty.

Good! Id love to see you grenade one of his transmission...Good Luck, Ill be checking in...