Bad Ass Sand Car

diggerdan11

So i was on ebay today and i found this and figured i should post it. I live on the Oregon coast next to the Oregon Dunes, which has the second largest area of sand anywhere in the world besides the Sahara desert. Man i just wish i had and extra 87k just lying around because this would be so badass

Sand Car

87K is pocket change compared to some of my buddies familys sand cars.... he has one that has a new viper engine in it with twin turbos....has well over 1000hp on 38" paddle tires.....cost him 130k and thats BEFORE the twin turbos.....the car is insane!!!

my other buddy got a new sandcar with a ls2 crate motor from redline motor sports....heated seats subwoofers etc. cost about 80+ grand.

but my buddies new project is his new rhino and hes putting a R1 1000cc engine in it.....its all fabbed up (engine mounts etc.) just a few more tweaks and it will be running....

Edited by Oo p0op oO (see edit history)

87K is pocket change compared to some of my buddies familys sand cars.... he has one that has a new viper engine in it with twin turbos....has well over 1000hp on 38" paddle tires.....cost him 130k and thats BEFORE the twin turbos.....the car is insane!!!

my other buddy got a new sandcar with a ls2 crate motor from redline motor sports....heated seats subwoofers etc. cost about 80+ grand.

but my buddies new project is his new rhino and hes putting a R1 1000cc engine in it.....its all fabbed up (engine mounts etc.) just a few more tweaks and it will be running....

pictures please

Its probably pocket change to the dude that is selling it, by the looks of that "yellow" car behind the sand car :lol:

thats thing is sweeeet!... in michigan we dont have anywhere near that much sand.. we have silver lake dunes which is only about 40 arces i think.. but theres some big money toys like that there all the time.. seen a few ls2 and twin turbos ls2 like that one that were just amazing i wanna go for a ridee they look crazyyy..theres one chic thats got a turbo crotch rocket motor in alil yellow one seater that kills everone on the sand drag strip not sure what the set up is..its always haulin ass so i cant get up close anuf to see it haha...i wanna build one of those soo bad!

you guys dont realize the time , fabbing , and engineering that goes into these.

the shocks on these things are wel over 1k a piece, the trans in most of the big hp ones are upwards of 20k. then there are so many little parts that add up very fast, brakes systems, wheels , lighting, you can literally build one and not save much if at all.

but when you get into the high dollar buggies sure they are cool but you can only get so crazy with them , when your spending 100k imo you should go with somwthing more like mid engine class 1 race truck , like truggies or full out race trucks like they run in the baja 1000. there are some that have up to 50 inches of rear travel ( herpse trucks ) has like 48 of travel in the rear 24 up and 24 down . you can hit bumps that are so big and hardly even feel them , imo its a badd ass sport and if i had the money for it id be all for it.

but id honestly rather spend 100+k on a boat.

i mean if sands your thing and your hobby....your gunna drop alot of money on it....same with cars etc.......some people can drop a little more than others....haha

hey chase wait till you see that rhino with the R1 engine in it.....its gunna be insane