Little Door Panel Work

Hi guys just finished up the drivers side door panel. I been looking to do some interior work and been read up on different forms, but not to much out there. So i figured I jump right in. I've been looking in fabric stores for some good suede in blue and finely found some @ jo ann fabric , so I got 3 yards off a roll for about $60 bucks. Then i figured I would change out the grey carpet on the door panels first. cutting off the carpet took about 3-4 hours, what a pain. then I layered in some 1/16" foam with spray contact cement. next I glued up the foam and suede then wrapped it up. I know it's not perfect(close) but I am really happy with the results. Cost less then 100 bucks and I got some new tools and enough suede to try and do the headliner next. I'm not trying to do a how to but just giving you a idea of what i did. This is the first time i ever try anything like this and i just did what I thought I should do along the way.

misc106.jpg

misc105.jpg

misc104.jpg

misc100.jpg

that looks great man!! 2 thumbs way up! i been doin a few headliners here and there and some have been asking about doin the inserts, as well as i have been thinkin bout doin mine. after seeing this, i think my truck may become the test mule.

hmm, soon!

nice work!! :cheers:

that looks great man!! 2 thumbs way up! i been doin a few headliners here and there and some have been asking about doin the inserts, as well as i have been thinkin bout doin mine. after seeing this, i think my truck may become the test mule.

hmm, soon!

nice work!! :cheers:

hahah I feel an Iowa door panel meet coming on!!!

Thanks guys for the nice words. I don't know when I'm going to try the headliner but hopefully soon as now I have another daily driver ( 03 silverado reg cab). You need to take the panels all the way off it is all one piece. getting the carpet off takes awhile, I use a exacto knive and fillet the backing foam off the carpet off. then i used a mini 90 grinder to grind the rest of the foam off. becareful as the panel material is really soft. If anyone has ?'s just let me know. I my have some when I get going on the headliner. Thanks again.