Brake Pads

well after a couple of months of speculating, i ordered my PowerSlot rortors from summitt today and i dont know what pads to go with? i want something good that's compatible with these rotors, so i was wondering if any of you guys had these rotors and could help me decide on what pads would be best to purchase. And also where to purchase? :chevy: TIA!!!

well after a couple of months of speculating, i ordered my PowerSlot rortors from summitt today and i dont know what pads to go with? i want something good that's compatible with these rotors, so i was wondering if any of you guys had these rotors and could help me decide on what pads would be best to purchase. And also where to purchase? :chevy: TIA!!!

cool, did you get the stock replacements or plus size? i would run Ceramic pads. i have Posi Quiet Ceramic pads on mine made by Centric. i oredered them from R1 Concepts in La Habra

Thanx art, I got the replacement size. Hey how did you get em' do they have a website ? Part # for the pads?

yeah go to their website (riconcepts.com) and give them a call. tell them your info and they will get you what you need

Power Slot recommends that you use a factory or quality aftermarket semi-metallic pad with their rotors for best performance. I am running Bendix Titanium Metallic II pads on mine. They have very little fade and plenty of stopping power, the only down side is that can get a little noisy under heavy braking in traffic. The part number is MKD1092 and Summit Racing sells them for around $70 for the set. :chevy:

Thanx guys for the help both replies really helpful but iam problably gonna go with what ever is best for the rotors, still not sure but Ill make up my mind ill post pics when iam decided of the both. But thanx to you guys, art and fireman!!

Im running powerslots and hawk hps pads on my 00 Chrysler 300M. Im happy with it, little bit of noise under moderate to hard braking (I think due to the slots on the rotors - kind of a slight "whirring sound") but they're great brakes, stop VERY well when hot, no squeeking, low dust.

Havent tried the other pads mentioned above but may very well give those a shot on my rig when its due. Never ran the Hwak stuff before so gave them a try this time.

Im running powerslots and hawk hps pads on my 00 Chrysler 300M. Im happy with it, little bit of noise under moderate to hard braking (I think due to the slots on the rotors - kind of a slight "whirring sound") but they're great brakes, stop VERY well when hot, no squeeking, low dust.

Havent tried the other pads mentioned above but may very well give those a shot on my rig when its due. Never ran the Hwak stuff before so gave them a try this time.

hawk doesnt make pads for the RWD SS though

hawk doesnt make pads for the RWD SS though

hmmmm...odd. I just went to hawks site and looked up parts for an 05 and 06 Silvy SS. Popped up showing fronts and rear HPS pads.

Why would AWD or RWD make a difference in brakes? Not being a smart ass, honest Q as I do not know. In any case - Hawks site shows them.

hmmmm...odd. I just went to hawks site and looked up parts for an 05 and 06 Silvy SS. Popped up showing fronts and rear HPS pads.

Why would AWD or RWD make a difference in brakes? Not being a smart ass, honest Q as I do not know. In any case - Hawks site shows them.

MOST of the aftermarket companies do not know that the AWD and the RWD brake systems are DIFFERENT (changed) and still list the RWD SS as the same as AWD, AWD is all 12" disk brakes, RWD is 13" disk/drum set up.